Plasma bug when multiple monitors in use

the context menu bug has not yet been fixed

and has gotten worse after the plasma update from yesterday …
now the sddm logout screen dialog is displayed on the top screen only and three times … one below the other

Kde has just been updated to version 5.23 KDE frameworks 5.87.0 Maybe you try with the latest updates.

1 Like

latest KDE update contains this bug :wink:

Operating System: EndeavourOS
KDE Plasma Version: 5.23.0
KDE Frameworks Version: 5.87.0
Qt Version: 5.15.2
Kernel Version: 5.14.12-zen1-1-zen (64-bit)
Graphics Platform: X11
Processors: 8 × AMD FX™-8350 Eight-Core Processor
Memory: 15.6 GiB of RAM
Graphics Processor: NVIDIA GeForce GT 630/PCIe/SSE2

I was looking at this but i didn’t go to look at your initial post so i thought you didn’t have the latest updates. These multiple monitor issues exist and can be affected by many things such a graphics card in use. I couldn’t be much help as i don’t have multiple monitors hooked up to even try it. I am running KDE. Have you tried it on Wayland? If it’s a bug KDE will have to be informed and try to fix it.

1 Like

yeah, context menu is back now on primary screen (except the dialog for a delete action is missing)
wayland is not ready yet for Kwin and multi screen setups …
maybe I will disable the show logout dialog in plasma settings - shutdown, reboot without asking

When the menu is open. Push and hold “shift” then “Delete” replaces “Move to Trash”

example

1 Like

the move to trash action works just the delete dialog are no longer shown

In Dolphin, click on “settings”
then click on “configure dolphin”
click on “context menu”
put a check mark in “Delete”
Click on “Apply” then “OK”

Voila, your delete dialog is back.
Evidently they disabled some options when they released the “25th Anniversary Version”.
I guess because it’s their Anniversary they feel they can change existing options back to what they want and what you want doesn’t matter.

This was one of the first things I fixed after the latest update.

@Kresimir Yes I am slowly becoming a KDE Plasma aficionado! :nerd_face:
You and Gnome 40 finally wore me down.

Pudge

2 Likes

I meant by that the dialog is no longer shown when a file from the desktop should be deleted, in standard folders the dialog is displayed

1 Like

Sorry, I was on the wrong page. I thought you was talking about Dolphin.

Pudge