Photos you've taken

Circus Lane, Edinburgh.

3_9c441e2248741124485402ad3136d996

13 Likes

Wow. You do have some wonderful places over there :slight_smile:

I was at Edinburgh Castle with my wife and two boys back in the late 1990’s when I heard an almighty BOOM! I about came out of my skin! Scared the crap out of all of us. Turns out it was the 1 o’clock gun. They fire a howitzer into the sky every day at 1PM. To honor the Queen, I think. It was really, really loud. The castle was great, but the traffic in Edinburgh is hellish. Worse than Houston at rush hour.

Houston is a breeze - IF you have a vehicle that can be agressive! I found an 18-wheeler best… :grin:

Tho' a Suzuki 1000 wasn't bad either
2 Likes

A friend in my garden last summer.

100_3608

Lives in a cactus.

100_3611

4 Likes

Yup, it’s always fun to watch the tourists reaction at 13:00. However, I don’t believe it’s fired to honour the monarch. I think it was an aid for the ships in the Port of Leith to set their maritime clocks back in the day.

2 Likes

Could this be your friend?

Pudge

1 Like

Most likely!
Thanks for the link Pudge. Twas a nice medium size arachnid, I didn’t check their ID. There were similar ones in S. Florida that were 3x as large maybe 10 cm. The webs you could use as fishing line… well were tough. I find’m over my face walking through the mangrove swamps to go fishing as a kid.

Quite a range!

A couple of cell phone snaps from our walk earlier today. Stirling Castle and the view across towards Ben Ledi.

20210124_140921-01

20210124_141847-01

16 Likes

IMG_20210131_094135

This is actually the rim of a volcano crater in Rhineland-Palatinate south of Bonn city.

11 Likes

Well, spring is almost here and look who decided to showed up.

This plonker:

20210304_074018
(excuse the poor quality of the picture, I took it with my phone while walking to work)

Look at him with his fancy feathers and a French accent… He’s up to no good, though, he wants to make a quick snack out of one of my amphibian frens. Fortunately, they are all still hibernating.

8 Likes

btw i see you’ve got the “frog” title badge! :upside_down_face:

:frog:

1 Like

A few random pics from my phone…
SheTurnedMeIntoANewt
Smokey
Spidey

12 Likes

This is not a beautiful photo as it is from my kitchen table where I am working and looking through the back window but it is a beautiful moment as I am very lucky to be kept company on this cold morning (-15 C) by about 10 mourning doves sunning themselves on the railing. It may be cold but the sun is quite strong now and, if there is no wind, you can go outside skiing or snowshoeing in just a fleece sweater.
mourning.doves

9 Likes

They can be fun to see - but they are incredibly stupid birds too - I guess there isn’t much room in those heads for brains :grin:

I hear double-digit© temps are coming by midweek in my area, although probably (as usual) accompanied by rain. Perhaps spring will come after all!

It is supposed to up to +9C on Wednesday in eastern Quebec but it will drop down again by the weekend which is good because I am not ready for the snow to leave. March is such a nice month here with warm sun and a hard deep snow base for skiing and then the sugar maples run at the end of the month. We never get spring and we get significant snowfall every few years in May but by June it is nice.

1 Like

Eastern Québec are you speaking about Gaspésie ? If yes, I remember this beautiful Parc Forillon.

IMG_20210128_141152~2

I took this photo of my laptop screen as my name flew by during online graduation. All our names flew by so fast. It was like when a YouTuber thanks his list of patrons Hahaha :smiley:

5 Likes

This photo is the online equivalent of the proud parents’ photo of you throwing your mortarboard hat in the air. Congratulations Søren on your graduation.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot!