PC does not power off properly

Is it possible that the problem could be the power supply unit? Back then I had not that much money therefore I bought the cheaper 300 Watt Xilence Performance C.

Definitely not for me.

np. Maybe some other person can help :slight_smile:

Well, about two weeks ago I change the mainboard to a Gigabyte GA-F2A88XM. Now the system is works without any issues - It powers off, no freezes, etc…

3 Likes

My DD has been the same. It powers down most times, and when it doesn’t I can tell by the sound of the power not draining even tho it closes everything properly. I just have to press the power button to complete the drain. I have a spare that I have been messing around with (a Dell Inspiron) that is about 50/50 working fine or flat out never powering down on various distros (including Endeavour on any one of the DEs) without holding down the power until it forces off. I’m pretty sure it isn’t a specific kernel since it varies, and the machine is on the newest UEFI/Bios. There is something deeper likely in the Linux build itself than I can’t figure out.

It’s a shame when that ends up being the only solution, but I’m glad you got it sorted.

Maybe the mainboard had some hardware defect all along. Nobody knows, but after desktop freezes started again, first in EOS and later in Win10 as well. I thought maybe its really an hardware issue.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.