Pamac Installation

It seems the install of Pamac is now listed differently. I usually install #2 which was always pamac-aur-git. Now they have pamac-all and pamac-all-git which are snapd and flatpak?

Okay @FredBezies What is going on here?

[ricklinux@eos-kde ~]$ yay -S pamac
:: There are 7 providers available for pamac:
:: Repository AUR
    1) pamac-all 2) pamac-all-git 3) pamac-aur 4) pamac-aur-git 5) pamac-aur-tray-appindicator-git 6) pamac-classic 7) pamac-cli 

Enter a number (default=1): 
1 Like

pamac-all is a new AUR package maintained by @librewish :

https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pamac-all/

9 Likes

Wow…That’s a way to make things easy :rofl:

1 Like

Are they as i stated? snapd and flatpak?

:rabbit:

Seems to be:

ENABLE_FLATPAK=1
ENABLE_SNAPD=1
ENABLE_APPINDICATOR=1
ENABLE_GNOME=0
3 Likes

Okay …i see it’s in alphabetical order. I get that but it threw me off at first. Surprised to see it listed differently.

1 Like

Nice. Some people will like that. I’m not as much of a fan of snapd or flatpak but it’s okay.

1 Like

Why not say

yay -S pamac-aur-git

?

3 Likes

Yes, you are right i should have stated that! So i will!

I prefer pamac-aur-git. That is what i have been using as long as i have been using Arch or however it’s been around. It is maintained well and like i said i do use it a fair bit.

yay -S pamac-aur-git :point_left:t2:

:point_up:t2:

6 Likes

And the maintainer of pamac-aur-git is our friend @FredBezies ! :smiley:

7 Likes

Yep.
Friendly forum member aside, you can also look at it this way: pamac-aur-git works well enough that he still dares to tell people on here he maintains it :wink:

6 Likes

Yes sir he is! & very talented at that too! :wink:

3 Likes

I’m using it too. :smile:

4 Likes

Nice! Now it is just like Manjaro’s pamac.

I use it as well (the aur version not the snap). It does remind me of Manjaro so I am more use to it.

2 Likes

I have used Pamac for at least 4 years. It seems to be reliable. I try to watch the whole download process on the terminal. So I will be exploring this tomorrow.

@librewish is a great guy and if there is ever a choice between a package by someone else and a package by him, I’ll go with the latter. I’m almost sorry for not using Pamac. :grin:

It is most convenient to have the package maintainer as a forum member. If something doesn’t work, you can badger him here :rofl:

5 Likes

thanks so much this work for me

1 Like