Our next release will be out on Friday 27 August

Isn’t a re-install of a rolling release redundant? :thinking:

Sure - sort of. In this case, the experience is changed though…

3 Likes

How so?

Can’t say too much before Friday - but it is definitely something you will notice, especially with online installs. Appearance and options have also been enhanced…

Patience!

4 Likes

:eyes: :running_man:

11 Likes

Argh! I Just reinstalled like one week ago! If I’d seen the release date of the new installer I’ll have waited. O well I’ll try in a VM then :wink:

EndeavourOS is EndeavourOS. As long as you update it, your old system shouldn’t be significantly different from the newest ISO. If you want it to be identical, just install any new packages that might have been added.

5 Likes

Wow. Kernel issue when installing WM is fixed with this iso? I installed i3 WM few days back but I was unable to go past lightdm greeter on the latest kernel. So, I installed the LTS kernel to fix it. I can backup my config files and try the new iso if the issue is fixed.

2 Likes

I know I know :wink: that was an exaggerated way to say that i know that they have put a lot in the new ISO and I’ll want to test what’s new in it. I know that being rolling I don’t need to reinstall to get to speed.

2 Likes

So no need to be …“Paranoid” , right ? :rofl:

as it is the first time you post here: welcome at the purple side! :enos:

And on the issue you describe… i do not know of such an issue but could be related to GPU in use and the current kernel? New ISO will have the option to install LTS kernel in addition… so you will be able to boot if you have issues with the latest kernel versions…

1 Like

Yup. Absolutely.

There’s some people who live for the view from the top. . . others just like the hike up.

4 Likes

Thanks. Yup it is my first post but I was actively following the community and other posts here. After making the final decision (after a lot of distro hopping) to use i3 wm on eos, I decided to make the forum my new home and I signed up.

For my issue, I got the followed this post to get the answer and I installed the LTS kernel-

1 Like

Looking awesome guys! I will be impatiently waiting

1 Like

Finally got around to trying out the new ISO in a VM. Fantastic job!! The install was so fast and it just works! I was also able to clone the repo and easily able to add additional software making the ISO the perfect “personal” rescue disk. Going to burn a copy and send it to my mother for emergencies.
Thank you so much for the rock solid work!

4 Likes

How fast were your installs BTW?

Didn’t formally time it, but it seemed to take only about 10 min at most. Overall the install when very smooth!

1 Like