Our fifth anniversary, the return of ARM and the Endeavour release with Plasma 6.1 is here

Wrong place here that’s announcements area :wink:
But no, it should work fine on ventoy, only make sure ventoy version on the stick is up-to-date and that the IOS file is fully synced to the drive. To make sure open a terminal and run the sync command after it frees the prompt all chunks are written.

If you still have issue, open a new thread to get any help…

3 Likes

Since the beginning of EndeavourOS i’m a member of this distro and i’m really happy with it. :smiley:

11 Likes

A big thank you to you and the gang. I really liked Antergos, was gutted by the news that development was stopped. So pleased that you took over with Endeavouros, easily the best distro around. (And yes, I have pretty much tried them all.)

9 Likes

I’m about 2 months into Linux again and couldnt be happier here.

The choice to take EndeavourOS was that I wanted to use Arch but not use the terminal to install it all. All the package names meant something in my head, but still wasnt sure. So to go back in forth about looking up which package does what, I think I have a good middleway here.

Also this site has great wiki entries to help getting started.

Thanks guys!

7 Likes

Very nice to see ARM branch again.

Downloadable ready to use image for RPI4 are exactly what I wanted for EndeavourOS Arch.

Unextracting to SD card via rpi-imager, plug it in, answer what username and etc; run yay and ready. Setup your ARM system, then unplug SD card, make your own backup image out of it for the future.

8 Likes

5 years! I’ve been an Endeavour user for the vast majority of that time, joining the forum in Oct 2019. Man, time flies eh?

I’m starting my journey trying to figure out Hyprland, my first real attempt at using a TWM, on Endeavour. Looking like fun so far, but I’ve also got my Plasma 6.1.1 w/ Wayland desktop as a backup, just incase :smiley:

Huge congratulations to everyone involved! :smiley:

Thank you for what is easily my favourite distro, and the one I keep coming back to time and time again after doing a little bit of distro-hopping now and then just to be nosey :joy:

Also, just a shoutout to the community here. This is easily the best community centered around a linux distribution I’ve ever come across. Friendly, helpful, endlessly patient, uncritical and just outright NICE. Fantastic :slight_smile: :heart:

Here’s to the next 5 years!

10 Likes

Finally :enos: on germanys linuxnews

7 Likes

I guess I’m an Endeavournaut! :exploding_head: I was on Antergos and when they could no longer continue :cry:, I much dreaded distro hopping yet again from like the first Slackware release on :hot_face:, and was with Antergos for a good 3 years unlike any other distro in decades! When the mere idea of continuing the basic philosophy, and even a little tighter came around I was all in, but had little to give other than some logo graphics as suggestions (I can build a microwave spectrometer, but not even make an OK web page; Go figure), but none of that matters for the underlying tech being more thorough than what I have experienced with many other distro’s: Older and less easy to install drivers no longer in the kernel like for my EMU 4040 Sound card which became the first Soundblaster Audigy are included :open_mouth: and I had it spring to life assuming I would have to hack in the driver yet again, and so much more, so yeah, the real smart stuff is under the hood and all of the small but important tools it gives out of the box, are appreciated, and the way I see it, none of the other software it doesn’t come with are needed, because All of it works well in Linux, is readily available, and anyone can chose whatever they need to get shit done, and whatever they want to explore and play with on their endeavour in computing, and getting shit done is the most important part, so the solid arch foundation is great for it, even if it wasn’t always this way, and not adding a bunch of things outside of the essentials, and focusing on the essentials may just be it’s greatest strength, and I love Endeavour, and all that make it possible for it! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: Oh and I love Tux too :penguin: :grin:!

9 Likes

I am happy with the new edition. I really like the new wallpaper. I’m glad ARM is back. Along the way, I installed Arch Linux ARM with Archboot on my iMac M3 in a UTM virtual machine. I hope one day I will have the opportunity to try EndeavourOS ARM on a silicon iMac, even natively. That’s all in a nutshell for now.

8 Likes

Keep up the good work!
I’m really glad I found EOS; it reliably supports my work and my hardware better than anything else I’ve tried.

7 Likes
6 Likes

I was not aware that this was an issue. Since last two years when automatic install failed for the first time, i have been using the grub2 installation instead of systemd option which is default. I do the same. 8mb for bios-grub and then manual partitioning for efi-boot (FAT32) , boot,root,home,opt with btfrs. some time btfrs troubles me, as it doesn’t have its own encryption unlike ext4. More over btfrs looks like is a meta sponsored developed baby. AI ML attacks IoT attacks are common when someone knows its source code. for me anything other than systemd is better.Although systemd is not avaiodable totally. Networking ,DoT etc work with systemd only. Anyways we are happy with what we have right now, if things get enhanced, we would be happy too. Thanks to all EndeavourOS team. Great effort.

1 Like