Openbox Edition

Hello! Me again! But this with openbox!

People seemed to want it and did actually use it for quite a long time. There’s people on the forum who know a great deal more than me (I’ve done my forum searching :wink:)

I’ve done some really simple config’s for openbox and tint2. All I did was add in multimedia key’s and change some keybindings so they make more sense.

Things Changed from default config’s

• Super+Q to close windows
  • Super+Shift+E for power-menu
  • Super+F1 for lock screen
  • Super+1(2,3etc;) rather than f1,f2,f3
  • Probably some more thing’s I’ve forgotten.

Thank You!

It looks like this.
Screenshot

30 Likes

Telegram group? Add me.
Created it.

With another online semester, I’ve got tons of time on my hands to make this fly.

2 Likes

Do we need a telegram group? @Bryanpwo said he’d he make some groups on here. Better that way so everything is on the forum. Some people aren’t too keen on telegram and we can reach more people here. Including people just browsing rather than a dedicated chat.

1 Like

Hmm I’m okay with anything that is decided.

1 Like

Lets see how it goes for a bit first!

1 Like

would atleast dont make for every WM/community a TG :slight_smile: one community covers al commity is better but stil does not help in weider way

3 Likes

Today is not a good day for me, but tomorrow I will create a forum group and invite you.

1 Like

No rush! It is nice to chat here to with everyone!

1 Like

i can create / fork this directly to Community Editions page on GitHub or do you want it at your space till it is come to a working state?

1 Like

Could I keep on mine for a bit until ready.

1 Like

sure give me wink if i can do so…

1 Like

To clone the git and install, you’d have to have an installed system, right? Or, do you have to clone it in live session and point to a free partition and install it there? Thanks.
Also, would you consider adding jgmenu, which is a searchable menu?

1 Like

on this point everything can, but a nice sugestion :slight_smile: lets see what the cook cooking :slight_smile: suprise :slight_smile:

1 Like

Installed system for now!

Definettly! I launch from tint2 instead of having rofi again!

That’s what I thought, reading your netinstall.yaml. I have an Openbox install, but will surely test yours in time. Your Openbox part can be added to the Endeavour OS netinstall.yaml, once you finish making it lovelier. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is that menu automatically generated? Or is it static?

Jgmenu is automatically generated.
Tutorial
Openbox integration.
Github code page.
It can be installed in any DE/WM.

1 Like

you can add that to the tint2 panel, but not on the right click menu probably… archlinux-xdg-menus is also auto generated… Mayby you can add some personal specifik candy’s also ?

1 Like

You can right click to get the jgmenu. You can also open it anywhere over an open window too under cursor – you have to assign a key set for that.
Screenshot_2021-04-19_10-00-58

1 Like

Here is an interesting site on openbox.

3 Likes