Nvidia 495 "supported"

I hate to break it to you (@ricklinux ) but the Bios update might have fixed the driver issue…
And im currently in plasma…

[mixel@mixel-ms7a33 ~]$ pacman -Q | grep nvidia
nvidia 495.44-2
nvidia-dkms 495.44-3
nvidia-hook 1.0-1
nvidia-installer-db 2.5.1-2
nvidia-installer-dkms 3.3.11-1
nvidia-settings 495.44-1
nvidia-utils 495.44-3
opencl-nvidia 495.44-3

I dont know if this is a one time thing but I hope not

3 Likes

So is it working now?

Edit : inxi -Ga

Yes right now it is.
I hope that it stays like this
I also ran inxi -Ga

Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: nvidia v: 495.44
           alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm bus-ID: 26:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:1c03 class-ID: 0300
           Display: x11 server: X.org 1.20.13 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: loaded: nvidia unloaded: modesetting
           alternate: fbdev,nouveau,nv,vesa resolution: <missing: xdpyinfo>
           OpenGL: renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 495.44 direct render: Yes

You can install the following and then run inxi -Ga again.

sudo pacman -S xorg-xdpyinfo 

Here it is

[mixel@mixel-ms7a33 ~]$ inxi -Ga
Graphics:  Device-1: NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] vendor: Micro-Star MSI driver: nvidia v: 495.44
           alternate: nouveau,nvidia_drm bus-ID: 26:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:1c03 class-ID: 0300
           Display: x11 server: X.Org 1.20.13 compositor: kwin_x11 driver: loaded: nvidia unloaded: modesetting
           alternate: fbdev,nouveau,nv,vesa display-ID: :0 screens: 1
           Screen-1: 0 s-res: 3840x1080 s-dpi: 95 s-size: 1027x292mm (40.4x11.5") s-diag: 1068mm (42")
           Monitor-1: HDMI-0 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 82 size: 598x336mm (23.5x13.2") diag: 686mm (27")
           Monitor-2: DP-2 res: 1920x1080 hz: 60 dpi: 102 size: 477x268mm (18.8x10.6") diag: 547mm (21.5")
           OpenGL: renderer: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB/PCIe/SSE2 v: 4.6.0 NVIDIA 495.44 direct render: Yes

Does this help?

1 Like

Perfect! So i didn’t know your UEFI Bios was so far behind but I’ve been looking at a lot of stuff because it didn’t make any sense to me. I have the exact same card and mine works. I’m a hardware guy and i don’t know a lot of the software bash terminal stuff that a lot of users or devs know. I’m not a programmer. I just know how things are supposed to work. I do my best with what i know and what i learn. I didn’t want to guarantee that a Bios update would fix this but it looks like that was what was needed. So keep an eye on the latest Bios that is in Beta. It will eventually become final and you could update it again at that time. Welcome to EndeavourOS! I hope your journey has provided you with some new skills. Nice working with you!

Could you now post another boot log for @joekamprad & @manuel

5 Likes

I hope it will stay like that!
I hope you wont be mad for me for not pointing that out :sweat_smile:

I will definitely keep an eye out for the beta version once it becomes stable.
I really had a welcoming time here so thank you all for that!!

The log:
https://clbin.com/3Pn3d

I think will not get back to the bot who welcomed me so he isn’t heartbroken anymore :sweat_smile:

1 Like

@Mixel just wanted to say I’m happy to see you got it working! and by a BIOS update no less!

1 Like

Great that you got it fixed! :sweat_smile:

And thanks to @ricklinux who pointed to the right direction! :clap:

2 Likes

Dare to reboot? :wink:

1 Like

Not yet :joy:
Should I?

Thanks for your patience. Also as @joekamprad said the other optional enhancements we added may not be necessary and i don’t have them enabled on my system. But, it is working with them so i wouldn’t worry about it at this point in time. I also had them set up before but since i wiped my system and reinstalled i hadn’t gotten around to adding them. I’m not worried about it either way. It works so it’s not a problem. I also have some other systems for others on Nvidia that have the enhancements and no issues either.

1 Like

You’ll have to do it eventually… so why not now while we still are here? :smile:

I would try a reboot!

@manuel @ricklinux Worked without any issues!!
And it felt faster :clap:
Also I didnt had this “Watchdog is still running” [issue] and everything went smooth
inxi -Ga is still printing 495xx version so I think we fixed it

1 Like

I don’t think you’ll have any issues now!

Well my games wont start anymore
But that’s for another time and also doesn’t belong in this forum here
Hardware wise everything will run smooth I think

I also know there are some games issue on steam with these drivers so you’ll have to kind of follow that on those platforms.

I have no issues on steam only on lutris
With league of legends and trackmania (both broke at the same time)

Okay …lutrus which is another platform. :wink:

Edit: Could be the games themselves too that need updating for these drivers.