Number 2 on Make Use Of's Best Distros of 2022 List

Congrats to the EnOS Team, Mods, and everyone in the community who makes this such an incredible distro!

7 Likes

Should be number 1, MX sucks in comparison :joy:

honka_memes-128px-26

10 Likes

MX is way to bloated for me, i stick with endeavouros or arch thats fine by me

1 Like

Definitely not copied from DistroWatch.

1 Like

Don’t say that, MX is #1 so it must be amazing. Actually, in the last few weeks I noticed all upvotes for EOS have been constantly turned to 0. There were like 30-40 upvotes for each review before. At the same time MX gets the same number of upvotes each day, for reviews that have been published just 1 or 2 hours ago. This is Sparta, no competitors! Then again, distrowatch is all about enticing people to click their ads, so who cares.

1 Like

Yes, the only problem with :clown_face:watch is that it has long become self-fulfilling prophecy…
Coz every newcomer will certainly get there when doing their search for best Linux distro, or whatever else they search for this days…

1 Like

It is interesting how many people still consider Manjaro Linux to be one of the best Arch-based distributions instead of EndeavorOS. It is also undeniable that there are few distributions that have achieved as much development as EndeavorOS in such a short period of time (speaking of software development, three years is not a particularly significant period of time).

1 Like

This is also why it is interesting that, for being a distribution with a rolling release model, EndeavorOS can be at least as stable as MX Linux, which is traditionally based on a point release model, and which was known to only a few people in Antix’s era, alongside Debian.

EOS is remarkably stable and I never had to reinstall, lost work or anything. I had way more issues when I was a Debian user than now with the dreaded rolling release model…

Is it though?