Not new here, but hello!

At some point we need to tone it down a bit :hugs: I miss everyone and am very happy to see so many familiar faces but we have a habit of getting out of hand :rofl:

3 Likes

no fuss… i hope my change is ok ?

1 Like

What is better is not the hided midfinger Avatar you are using but that You showed us that You understood that it wasn’t a necessity !

Then here we are not in war against others OS, I use WIN / OSX and more often EndeavourOS, and people use what they want, that’s fine. We will not blame them for it.

5 Likes

Yes it is.
Let’s end this discussion here and now, our message is clear and @Shjim did modify his avatar.
Now let’s have fun and help each other out here. :wink: :grinning: :heart:

8 Likes

back-to-work

4 Likes

What you wrote here applies to the Manjaro forum?

2 Likes

I may have selected and replied to the wrong person… :sweat_smile:

But, the point about people getting to know the community still works.

4 Likes

Welcome @jonathon!

I know you from somewhere else…not 100% sure where though…:smiley:

5 Likes

@jonathon,

Deepest respect, we will all work it out :joy: I have to say I wouldn’t be where I am today if it weren’t for you :kissing_heart:

8 Likes

I must have misunderstood then, but what did your first sentence refer to?

1 Like

OK, reading back over it:

I thought I was replying to a new member (based on nate’s reply) who was responding that they knew there were rules.

That’s not what was actually going on.

But, my point about new members being chill still works.

I can edit my other post to make it clearer, though that might make the following posts make less sense?

5 Likes

Welcome to what a lounge section is supposed to be about! :hugs:

3 Likes

No my friend not offended in any way Midfinger was a legend in the Linux world and will never be forgotten his midfinger avator never offended anybody male, female, or child, it was just a jibe at Ms nothing more and his signature.

5 Likes

All right, I understand what you mean. I really misunderstood, I thought the Manjaro forum was overwhelmed by unknown people who know each other. What do you mean, new members are chill?

1 Like

I was wanting to remind people who are just joining this forum (and ending up in this thread…) that a rapid influx of people might be a bit overwhelming, so to try and keep things chill.

9 Likes

Then you may have to hurry, change is only possible 24 hours, if I am not mistaken. :slight_smile:
Or 1 Month ??? but not for ever :smiley: :slight_smile:

1 Like

I don’t recall things ever getting out of hand in the past before?

BTW, what is the best DE to use with EndeavourOS?

Ha ha… Just kidding, relax already. :rofl:

9 Likes

Welcome my friend :bowing_man:

2 Likes

Everything is clear now. So existing members should coldly deal with the situation when the forum is flooded with new members. How much expansion is expected due to the current circumstances?

1 Like

I know that compared to most forums, you can edit a post for quite a long time.

1 Like