No WiFi on Live USB (TP-Link Archer T2U Plus)

Well i disagree with that philosophy as those updates are important. The ones after your current version are for Windows 11 support and also updates for AMD AGESA which is the firmware that runs everything for your Ryzen processor. So it has a lot of adjustments to power settings and such for performance and also stability.

Edit: You could try another package for the WiFi? There are a couple of others.

1 Like

What does this show?

modinfo 8821au
[elnath@elnathPC ~]$ modinfo 8821au
modinfo: ERROR: Module 8821au not found.
[elnath@elnathPC ~]$ 

From package maintainer 2019-10-01

To all having an issue with this driver: please try https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/rtl88xxau-aircrack-dkms-git alternatively. source
Maybe I should try that other package? :thinking:

Yes i would try the rtl88xxau-aircrack-dkms-git but lets see what @manuel says too. I know this package conflicts with that one so I’m not sure whether it removes it automatically on install?

Here’s an interesting article about USB Wifi adapters:

Looks like the writer prefers Mediatek chipsets over Realtek.

1 Like

I am wondering about that too. If I install that package will yay remove conflicting package automatically :thinking:

Well it will tell you if it’s doing that.

yay -S rtl88xxau-aircrack-dkms-git
1 Like

Yup it found it as conflict. Installing this and hoping, hoping it will just work :innocent:

Modules can be added and removed manually (modprobe), and blacklisted.

First thing to do is find which module works, then uninstall or blacklist the conflicting module(s).

1 Like

This chip is rtl8821au so there are only 3 packages in the AUR?

Edit: Had enough trouble getting this install to pick up Windows /efi but I’m quite confident it was because of secure boot keys needed to cleared in order for secure boot to be off.

That package was the one. Now I have wifi. :partying_face:

1 Like

What does inxi -Na say now?

1 Like
[elnath@elnathPC ~]$ inxi -Na
Network:   Device-1: Realtek RTL8111/8168/8411 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet
           vendor: ASUSTeK PRIME B450M-A driver: r8169 v: kernel port: f000 bus-ID: 06:00.0
           chip-ID: 10ec:8168 class-ID: 0200
           Device-2: TP-Link Archer T2U PLUS [RTL8821AU] type: USB driver: rtl88XXau
           bus-ID: 5-1:2 chip-ID: 2357:0120 class-ID: 0000 serial: 00e04c000001
[elnath@elnathPC ~]$ 
2 Likes

Okay awesome! So if i were you and no rush. Please spend some time on the Asus site and read up on how to update your UEFI Bios for your particular motherboard. Usually you download the updated Bios file and extract the contents and then put them on a usb to boot from and run the flash update from the UEFI settings screen. You have to do it properly or you can ruin the board. Power has to not interrupted and flashing process either until it is complete. If you have any questions before you decide when you want to update it then ask .

That’s exactly what i want to see!

There is nothing that say’s you have to update the UEFI Bios if you don’t have any issues. It’s entirely up to you. It’s your hardware. If i can help just ask.

I will now go reinstall to Plasma EOS. Everyone is sleeping I can utilize my network now. Let’s hope something wont break once again (it really shouldn’t) :sweat_smile:

Yeah I will read about BIOS update stuff when have time for it. I am mostly scared of this:

and run the flash update from the UEFI settings screen. You have to do it properly or you can ruin the board.

Thats big danger if doing this can damage MB without going back. Wouldn’t be amazing if after few days I got totally new PC, I damage its MB…

I have done it so many times in all the years. But people do make mistakes. Sometimes mistakes are costly.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.