New ArchInstall

Pretty nice demonstration of the new archinstall script with Ermanno Ferrari:

BTW

:speech_balloon:
:sunglasses:

5 Likes

(this is davie504 in case anyone isnā€™t familiar with his memes :stuck_out_tongue: )

2 Likes

Again sacrilege!! :fire:
:rofl: :innocent:

EDit ā€¦ I do like Ermanno Ferrari videos .

1 Like

I did install Arch ā€œThe Arch wayā€ on my other PC because it seemed like the best way to familiarize myself with it. Still, I kind want to give this script a try just to see how easy it is. I guess we call the original Arch install the ā€œArch BTW editionā€?

3 Likes

I heard he plays bass or somethingā€¦ :wink:

1 Like

OMG, slape de basse!

2 Likes

@JKMooney @Zircon34 slap like right now!!! :rofl:

1 Like

But in all seriousness, this new archinstall looks super easy to install Arch compared to say installing it a year ago. If I wasnā€™t already set with my EndeavourOS, I might be inclined to give it a go :wink:

1 Like

Omg, I think we need to initiate a new topic on this asap! I thought I was the only person in the world finding this guy hilarious :joy:

1 Like

all-have -sinned

:place_of_worship:

1 Like

Keep it working different story :wink: ( lucky nice forum around )

4 Likes

Hypothetically speaking, if someone were to be running EndeavourOS, but decided to use archinstall to install Arch proper, would they still be encouraged/welcomed to seek help/advice/discussions on EndeavourOS forums or be guided to discuss their woes/issues over at the Arch Linux Forums? Hypothetically speaking of course. I believe the mantra is all are welcome here, so Iā€™d like to think it wouldnā€™t matter if someone here was running Arch or EndeavourOS.

Already happen :wink: . if usr say it no EOS install I sure people still help

5 Likes

I may have just done that on my laptop just now. My desktop is EOS but my laptop I just installed arch with the archinstall just now.

1 Like

The best part is Iā€™m reading all this in his voice :wink:

1 Like

CHECKMATE! :stuck_out_tongue:

My conclusion of reading the following is that it was the basic idea behind creation of a new forum to continue the community spirit of Antegrosā€™.

the idea to continue the community feeling on a new forum that would invite any Arch or Arch-based Linux user
https://endeavouros.com/about-us/

:purple_heart: :enos_flag: :handshake:t5:

2 Likes

The only issue really runs into if they try to hide what they are actually running. If they are honest, itā€™s one thing. Hiding behind Endeavour to get help with ā€œArchā€ instead of being honest. Iā€™ll enjoy watching the thread burn down to the ground.

2 Likes

That would be a weird turn of eventsā€¦Isnā€™t it usually the other way around? Where an arch based distro user tries to claim they are running vanilla arch, seek help making that claim, only for it to come out that it is in fact a distro based on arch and not arch its self?

In any case it seems weird to ask for help with a distro but claim it to be another one.

I had a feeling the answer was already out there! Thanks for providing me with the link knowing I have a sanctuary here no matter what Arch-base Iā€™m using.

:::Spoiler::: Itā€™s red, purple, and blue :wink: :enos:

1 Like