NetworkManager not detected

https://clbin.com/eSypY
After updating mirrors and system and doing my thing on the laptop as normal today the system has no internet connectivity.
systemctl enable NetworkManager.service doesn’t do anything.

There is no problem when I am using the EOS LTS kernel

any advice?

Please include some more info for those who are able to help to have some idea about your setup and what is happening:

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/forum-log-tool-options/how-to-include-systemlogs-in-your-post/2021/03/

Good Luck!

Which packages were updated?

What network hardware do you have? Is it an issue connecting to the local network, or resolving/connecting to sites on the Internet?

If it’s enabled then re-enabling it won’t do anything. You can check the service is running with systemctl status NetworkManager .

of course.
just updated the original messege

1 Like

is there a way to find out? I don’t often put much attention to which packages are being updated.

No access to the local router

Yes. Look in /var/log/pacman.log or use the paclog command. I can also recommend searching the forum and web for this sort of question.

Also don’t forget this very important piece of information:

This is a really good reason to carry both the latest and lts kernel.

It’s not uncommon to lose WiFi or Bluetooth on occasion on latest as it’s always in the building process. I usually don’t dig too deep into this unless it’s also broken in lts. It will very likely get fixed soon and then your original fix may no longer be necessary or even cause other issues.

Sometimes the best fix on this is to wait a week and let the kernel devs do what they do best.

2 Likes

But how?
The os with the latest kernel has no internet connection so it can’t be updated.
?

02:00.0 Network controller: Qualcomm Atheros AR9462 Wireless Network Adapter (rev 01)

and here is the link to my /var/log/pacman.log https://clbin.com/0a4bj

I hope it gives all the info needed.

You said there’s no problem with the lts kernel? Just update while using that??

yea simply use LTS for now and wait for updates for the main kernel…

In all honesty unless you know you need the latest, or you want something zen or hardened offer, I think most users would be best suited on lts anyways. I am, and it’s served me very well over the years.

1 Like

wise words :wink:
I do stay on the edge… but mainly to check on issues… normal Desktop users should at least have LTS installed to fall back on something that is working if latest is going nuts :wink:

3 Likes

True.
So by booting into the EOS with the lts kernel and then updating wont the kernel be updated to the new version kernel?

You can use the akm package in the repos to easily manage different kernels.

1 Like

Nope, LTS kernel and normal Kernel are two different packages. LTS kernel also gets updated frequently.

Thank you for this but I am not sure what I am to do with this info?

When you perform a system update, all the currently installed packages for which there are new versions will be updated. Even the kernels that you are at the moment not using but have installed.

Edit. seeing the replies above and below, perhaps I misunderstood your question :blush:

LTS (long time support) Kernel is not updating to the main kernel it will only update to the next LTS Kernel and got updates internal but not in version…

It is installed side by side with main kernel and you can choose eon boot menu to boot the one or the other… where the last installed will be the one it uses to boot on if you do not interrupt to choose another one.