Nearly all apps crashing and system freezes

I guess well see what happens. I’m not so sure it’s a drive but i could be wrong. The SSD is an Adata and Windows is installed on an nvme drive. I’m leaning more to video card and something messed up on the install. :thinking:

okay this time I tried to install alongside to windows in nvme SSD but no luck
installation error: Sudoers dir is not writable, debug log
and crashes occur on live usb system as well:

[liveuser@eos-2020.07.15 ~]$ coredumpctl list
TIME                            PID   UID   GID SIG COREFILE  EXE
Thu 2020-09-10 21:36:18 +03    5498     0     0   6 error     /usr/bin/pacman
Thu 2020-09-10 21:39:17 +03    8454  1000   985  11 present   /usr/lib/firefox/firefox
Thu 2020-09-10 21:39:59 +03    8574  1000   985   6 present   /usr/lib/firefox/firefox
[liveuser@eos-2020.07.15 ~]$ 

Please read posts above and try to exclude SSD disks, if it’s disk failing - doesn’t matter what you’ll do or what exact errors / coredumps you’ll see… :slightly_frowning_face:

1 Like

Yeah I thinks it is a hardware issue but don’t know if it is a SSD or RAM(but did a memtest86 no errors). Is there are anyway I can test my CPU(Ryzen 5 3600)?

1 Like
  1. Try to exclude disks Nearly all apps crashing and system freezes - #36 by keybreak

2. Very unlikely it is RAM (especially since it pass memtest) or CPU, but let’s talk about this after you exclude SSDs

Is there are anyway I can test my CPU(Ryzen 5 3600)

Technically stress-test and watch for errors and temps, but since you already crash all over the place without any kind of high load…I don’t think it’s CPU

Just wanted to ask if you have secure boot turned off in UEFi and Windows 10 fastboot in Windows turned off?

1 Like

yeah they are turned off but this time I tried with CSM mode. Maybe should have gone with UEFI again.

Okay I will try one by one.

1 Like

CSM shouldn’t matter but secure boot needs to be off and Windows 10 fast boot. You should also be using UEFI mode.

Edit: There is no reason to use CSM unless you are booting legacy stuff.

Yes I just wanted to test hardware with Ultimate Boot CD (UBCD).

Sure … I understand. I assume you want to test the SSD especially. I’m sure there is no issue with the nvme drive. I have never used the Adata brand so I don’t know how good they are.

Edit: UBCD has a lot of tools on it.

@Gilmage
Any progress on checking your hardware?

Well I unplugged SSDs and run liveUSB surfed Web for like 30 minutes the firefox tab crashes occured 2 times but no whole system freezes, then did stress test of CPU for 1 hour still no system freezes. But When I tried to install to both SSDs(nvme and ADATA) both could not complete installation. Even tried with Manjaro-KDE still firefox, chromium crashes occured.
Maybe I should run memtest for much longer that I did before?
Edit: And when I select on liveusb boot menu nvidia-non free drivers it is not even booting

Try booting the live usb without changing it so hopefully it boots on Nouveau.

Looks like the UEFI firware is up todate. Is the UEFI set to default settings? In other words you haven’t made a bunch of changes?

Edit: If you happen to reset them to default just make sure you check and set secure boot off and you are on UEFI and also probably set the memory to DDR4 3200 or what ever you have installed.

Hello , I have a RTX 2070 with intell . After reading your post , reminded me of the problems I had months ago .
Most of my problems were related to reading other posts from other forums and wiki’s .
First I’m using the KDE de . I solved the problem by reinstalling and selecting only KDE and nothing Invidia . Its states at the Nvidia that it not for newer cards . Finish install as normal and after rebooting , it will be using the neauvou driver . If nothing changed in the last 30 days , follow the wiki and use the Nvidia-installer-dkms to install your card . I found it easier to re-istall starting from scratch and done in an hour rather than speanding 10 hours trying to fix mistakes , although it is a good way to learn . I’ll watch this post for awhile !

That’s what I would like to have him try but he said he’s still getting errors just on booting on the ISO which i find weird. These RTX cards are a different animal and i think the dkms version is the better route also.

For me it was the only way at the time , Only the DKMS installer worked properly at that time .
It might be different now , not sure . I wasted about 8 installs following other wiki’s and forums . Following the Endevour Wiki worked first time . I leaned my lesson ! Something I’ve noticed is alot of issues people are having is related to following other guids and forums . That was my mistake ! Following this forum and wiki has always worked and saved me . lol
Has He solved his problem yet ?

I’m not sure if he is still checking his hardware. I’ll just wait and see.

This is where his proplems began !
( I checked nvidia drivers option on installation app
then also after installing did: sudo pacman -S nvidia ) .

1 Like