More and more often desktop settings reset after reboot

That seems logical. Yet, look for some of the comments on the KDE bug site and especially (!) here.
So, some people are able to do something about it… yet, it seems, not the KDE-folks.

:wink:

1 Like

Without having to translate all of this, I can see that bugs that were supposed to be fixed here are still being fixed and have been for years. Like everywhere …
I’m starting to understand why so many people still like Xfce, even though it looks like it’s from the previous millennium …

May I beg to differ… when it comes to Gnome and KDE, bugs have been ignored over many years.

Not speaking of Arch and / or EnOS devs at all.

Not sure what you mean by

?

I don’t do that either!

bugs that were supposed to be fixed here are still being fixed and have been for years. Like everywhere …
A translation error by DeepL, I meant exactly the opposite.

Yeah, I’ve just looked at those and yet I have no problems at all. Is it possible that because I am using the LTS kernel it might not affect me? I doubt that though… :thinking:

Dunno. Like I said earlier, I don’t have these issues as well. Not running KDE on Arch though, only on Fedora, which seems a completely different ball-park, if not league (by man-power and all other resources).

1 Like

I don’t think so, because I switch between kernels every now and then and this happened with the LTS before. Also, my friend IMMEr only has the LTS kernel running and she has had the problem, just not as often as I have.

1 Like

Hmm, mystery to me then. I’m gonna duck out of this one. I have nothing of value to add! :laughing:

Hm, but if the problem is related to KDE, what difference does the substructure make?

Nevertheless: Thank you :beers: !

1 Like

There are layers in between KDE developed packages and Fedora putting them to use by publishing them after their own testing and re-compiling. This is not given for Arch and EnOS afaict. They miss such a layer in between I guess? @dalto mentioned it for EnOS, when it came to the GRUB disaster. As for Arch I can only guess it is not same, but similar in so far as they have not the man-power and resources either to throughly test and if in doubt -recompile packages. Instead, their incentive seems to be putting out new packages asap. I might be wrong there.

1 Like

Yes, I think I remember dalto saying something like that.

In the case of KDE, the changes come straight from upstream releases.

Since this is an issue that occurs for some people in certain circumstances, I suspect the issue has nothing to do with Fedora vs Arch.

I am having no issues like you describe on any of my installs with KDE/plasma on Arch or Fedora.

Unfortunately, I don’t know what the cause of your issue is but I am not sure it is Arch-specific.

1 Like

An easy way to reproduce bugs is to create a new user and see the bugs are happening in that new user too

2 Likes

I have already reinstalled several times in the last few months, so each time also created a new user, so also no legacy from a setting. No change.

I don’t have any issues either on KDE.

I neither I stay away from wayland and Endevour was good.
@anon50380917 must be an issue I have no problems at the moment.

Why I am an issue? :thinking:

I tried something now: after the last occurrence of this mess and repeated settings, I immediately refreshed the desktop with F5 before restarting. So far it has not occurred again …

Not you personally, just you had an issue, sounds like you have it under control.

Everything OK, was just kidding, the translation sometimes drives colorful blossoms …

Whether I have it under control, I do not know yet. Until now I had already 2 days peace from it. Maybe just coincidence …