Lutris not showing the games already installed in Steam

Hi,

I’m trying to get Lutris (version 0.5.8.3) to recognize the Steam game I have already have installed. When I choose the option to only show installed games no games show up:

What I know is working:

• Under Runners I can launch the Steam Native Application.
  • When I choose to show all games I can see all the games which are in my Steam account (just greyed out like they are not installed).

Additionally I am not seeing a game import button (which I saw in other videos).

When I launch Lutris from terminal “lutris -d”:

lutris -d
2021-03-29 16:44:26,447: Your version of python-magic is too old.
Reading profile /etc/firejail/wine.profile
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-common.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-devel.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-interpreters.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-passwdmgr.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/disable-programs.inc
Reading profile /etc/firejail/whitelist-var-common.inc
Parent pid 24089, child pid 24090
Warning: cannot open source file /usr/lib/firejail/seccomp.debug32, file not copied
Warning: /sbin directory link was not blacklisted
Warning: /usr/sbin directory link was not blacklisted
Child process initialized in 152.99 ms

Parent is shutting down, bye...

(lutris:24077): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:44:26.724: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:4:21: Failed to import: Error opening file /home/rsruser/.config/gtk-3.0/colors.css: No such file or directory

(lutris:24077): Gtk-WARNING **: 16:44:26.724: Theme parsing error: gtk.css:5:33: Failed to import: Error opening file /home/rsruser/.config/gtk-3.0/window_decorations.css: No such file or directory
2021-03-29 16:44:26,791: Initializing lutris
2021-03-29 16:44:30,728: Downloading DXVK releases to /home/rsruser/.local/share/lutris/runtime/dxvk/dxvk_versions.json
2021-03-29 16:44:30,729: Runtime updated. Initialization complete.
INFO     2021-03-29 16:44:30,730 [application.do_command_line:315]:Lutris 0.5.8.3
INFO     2021-03-29 16:44:30,731 [startup.check_driver:57]:Running Intel Mesa driver 20.3.4 on Mesa Intel(R) HD Graphics 5500 (BDW GT2) (0x1616)
INFO     2021-03-29 16:44:30,731 [startup.check_driver:69]:GPU: 8086:1616 17AA:5036 (i915 drivers)
MESA-INTEL: warning: Performance support disabled, consider sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

Question, Any recommendation around how to get Lutris to see your existing games?

Places I have been reading to find a solution:

https://www.reddit.com/r/linux_gaming/comments/7havmh/getting_lutris_to_recognize_steam_games_that_are/

I found this post which it appears that Lutris had issues and disabled the import option and service that would pick up Steam games.

I’ll leave this open just in case anyone knows a work around to get installed games to show in Lutris.

@keybreak , Just in case you want to add this to your awesome post.

1 Like

So, if i understand correctly there are no proper solution for this import library functionality so far, except manually adding each game to Lutris via + button?

Hi Keybreak,

Its very strange the way it presently is working.

(1) If I choose a greyed out game (which is already installed in Steam Native) it appears Lutris wants do install it again and download the binaries.

(2) It appears when I choose the ‘+’ button to add a new game that it is unclear how you could manually import an existing game. Unless the intention is still to re-install the game from scratch.

I have some ideas…
Is game(s) you’re trying Linux native or Proton?

Hi Keybreak,

The game I am testing to import into Lutris is “World of Tanks Blitz”.

I installed the game through the Steam Native Client and have it configured in force compatibility mode of Proton 5.0-10. I presently always launch it from the Steam client.

1 Like

Try this:

1. Select your greyed out game in Lutris

2. Right :mouse: ButtonAdd Installed game

3. Runner - Steam

4. Game options tab - enter Application ID
    If in doubt, look it up here

For me it worked, see if it works for you :upside_down_face:

I gave this a try but my results are a bit different.

(1) Started Lutris.

(2) I clicked on ‘Steam’ under Sources > Steam to show my greyed out games (this is my full Steam inventory).

(3) When right click on a game I see the ‘Install’ button.

(4) When I click the Install button I see the screenshot below:

Screenshot from 2021-04-01 09-53-13

P.S. From Steam I can go into properties of the game and get the Steam iD.

You shouldn’t do that step, your game should appear greyed out without sources just when you start Lutris…I think

Funny thing, So I on the game but there is no option to “Add Installed Game”.

When I start Lutris, this is all I see:

Screenshot from 2021-04-01 10-53-01

So there are no greyed out games in the Library > Games

1 Like