Logo origins?

You naughty bastard :yum:

4 Likes

I remember i had a fight
when I called someone a begger because he wore a tattered pant.

Like the one in the photo.

I don’t really understand why they want to wear the tattered clothes.

2 Likes

Love that!

The fact that this distro was named Endeavour is one of the reasons I made sure it was the very first Linux I installed. As I knew Linux was something I wanted to learn more about, so I would have to endeavour to give it to my best shot.

I also like that you guys spelt it the Brit way after the ship. I’ve always had an interest in pirates and ships, so much so that I once wrote a short story based on the legendary pirate Guybrush Threepwood :joy::see_no_evil:

Quick question though - Why the purple and peach? Am I right in thinking it’s because the purple signifies the boldness and individuality of EOS within the Linux universe?

1 Like

A green sail e.g.: Green is already assigned on another distro, and it would remind me of seasickness :nauseated_face: :sunglasses:

1 Like

You are right the origin is your creation, the nice Archstyle sails:

original —> sail

logo

banner

@anon43355446 I’m very grateful for the idea and your contribution then and anytime today, and I loved the logo!

And here the First “Beta” Rookie ISO:

13 Likes

Yeah I get that it couldn’t be green. Or, blue and white (solus) However purple isn’t a colour many brands choose to have, so I was just wondering why these guys chose it. Not like I’m complaining I think purple is a brilliant colour :purple_heart:

2 Likes

Purple is great :enos:
To me it associates with traveling, space, new frontiers to discover! :rocket:

1 Like

The current logo looks better. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. :yum:

7 Likes

Now I’m on holiday and use another version of this saying: “Beauty is in the eye of the beer holder.”

7 Likes

pivo-johannes

Toast za przytulność!

6 Likes

I love this Arch style sail logo. Is it okay to use it with the name EndeavourOS, or is its use discouraged?

3 Likes

Archlogo has a trademark and they do not allow to use it.
That’s the reason why we was not sure on use of that logo before :wink:

2 Likes

After testing a new DE i will play a little, I think with other color you will not see anymore arch style logo.

1 Like

@anon43355446 your concept definitely had it’s role as an inspiration for the current logo. Wild days those were. Definitely thank you for your contribution.

6 Likes

I do not want to praise myself :grin: but I like it, was a very good idea from you @anon43355446

g2734

g286

13 Likes

When I’m back from the lakes, I’m going to install EOS on my testing laptop. This picture will be placed in the center of the screen.

3 Likes

Well, Artix Linux uses a logo derived from the Arch logo:

And so does Arco Linux:

And ArchBang:

And countless others…

So I see no reason why the Arch-inspired sail logo would be an issue. On the other hand, I’m certain you gave this much more thought than I did, so I’ll trust you that it is potentially an issue, and it’s always better to be safe than sorry. :slight_smile:

@SGS that is gorgeous! :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

The best Arch-based graphics I’ve ever seen is the ArchLabs logo. It derives from both Arch and BunsenLabs, and the result is awesome.

4 Likes

Yes, it is fantastic. You instantly know what it is about, and it looks cool.

4 Likes