Locked out new install but TTY availble

Hi
This is a new install today in the early hours 2am now 4.30pm machine shutdown perfectly, apon restart I get as far as the screen shot, I can also get from there to TTY.
Please advise precisly what to do/type to get relevent logs informataion?
Yes latest public release and plasma.

Data

If you can log in from TTY, then you could run the commands described in the article below, make a note of the URLs and post them on the forum:

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/forum-log-tool-options/how-to-include-systemlogs-in-your-post/2021/03/

Bootlog https://clbin.com/gOmD7

1 Like

Hi @pebcak @ricklinux
Ile wait for another half hour or so and try things.
It is a fresh install only a day old, so I will start again.
Pity Id only setup steam and download 20gb game
just an hour before I went out.

Data

Hi @Data,
I am just on my phone right now so I hope someone could look through your log and assist you.
Good luck!

I took the plunge and reinstalled

1 Like

Does it work now? :pleading_face:

Iam in the middle off installing everything, just getting started.
so far so good :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wonder if

May 23 16:39:56 steve-Main systemd-modules-load[348]: Failed to find module 'nvidia-uvm'

could be something relevant.
:question:

1 Like

Quite possible it to late now I have reinstalled.

1 Like

Hi @pebcak
Well this is intresting all running smothly, so I continue I put steam on the install,
now when I reboot Iam back to this problem, it wont boot…

I have gone to the tty and tried to install nvidia-uvm but its not found as a package
to install. You say failed to find module where and how to install same?

Data

What is your:

inxi -Fxxxaz

?

I just had a look through the log you posted earlier and looked for “failed” and that was among many other “failed” stuff.

I can’t say for sure that it is the reason for your system not booting. I haven’t looked at at it further so right now I couldn’t tell what you need to install. I’ll let you know if I find something. And honestly, since I don’t have any nvidia card, I think perhaps other users might be better suited to assist you on this one.

In the meantime post the output of the inxi for forum members to have an idea about your hardware.

@Data
Do you have nvidia drivers installed?

Isn’t it odd that the system boots up just fine after installation but then after installing some software and rebooting, then it does’t?

@ricklinux Yes nvidia drivers installed.
@pebcak Its strange

You asked for logs I am fining that hard urls anint working well.
20220524_003634

https://clibin.com/zXs01

Device-1: NVIDIA GP106 [GeForce GTX 1060 6GB] vendor: PNY driver: N/A alternate: nouveau
    non-free: 515.xx+ status: current (as of 2022-05) arch: Pascal pcie: gen: 1 speed: 2.5 GT/s
    lanes: 16 link-max: gen: 3 speed: 8 GT/s bus-ID: 09:00.0 chip-ID: 10de:1c03 class-ID: 0300
  Display: server: X.org v: 1.21.1.3 driver: X: loaded: modesetting
    alternate: fbdev,nouveau,nv,vesa gpu: N/A tty: 128x48  

Have a look here:

Aren’t these the new files Nvidia released? Not the actual Nvidia drivers. That would make sense why it’s not booting. :thinking:

1 Like

@pebcak ran the first and the checker

sudo pacman -S nvidia-installer-dkms
nvidia-installer-check

@ricklinux When installing steam(aatleast this one) asks you what to install.
I have probably picked the wrong thing. EDIT it would exsplain it

@Data
There is an new install script for nvidia drivers in the EOS repo. You can install it and then run a test instead of the nvidia installer-dkms but, if you have already started with this that’s okay too. Either tool will work.

Edit: Here are both shown in the repo. Either one will work and do the same job.

Screenshot_20220523_201404

Ok Ile try rebooting! after the tty on the installer I rebooted but did not work.

Would I not have to pacman -R something??