KDE plasma overlook

A brief plasma overlook from an old friend of ours, with promises to come back for more tips & info. There`s already some (quite old) stuff about KDE plasma features & customization. for those interested, in his channel.
*By the way, he was the one who convinced me in adopting it & also helped with customizing it, some 5-6 years ago. And I have never looked at any other DE since then. :heart_eyes:

9 Likes

Thanks for the video link.

1 Like

Plasma is great. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

IMO, it’s the best DE

2 Likes

So has it over taken Xfce in popularity now? :thinking:

1 Like

I believe the forum had an non formal vote a while back, and Plasma was the winner.

1 Like

I must have missed that thread.

2 Likes

There was definitely another one that ended up in a very similar conclusion. I think outside of those who use Ubuntu specifically, KDE is the most widely used DE in Linux. I keep coming back around to it. I quite like it for sure. It was my go-to fora long time until very recently.

1 Like

:pray: for video. i found it interesting but kde still not for me …

Too many desktop hoppers. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve pretty much (!) given up on the hopping. I remain impressed with what KDE offers, and how light it is for what it does - but not with how it works :grin: It is not Deepin, but there are a lot of threads about something out-of-whack temporarily on KDE… :duck:

1 Like

Most of the threads about KDE are not what I’m experiencing. The only issue on KDE for me that i see is the scroll for changing desktops that hasn’t worked since WAY back in time.

2 Likes

I get the impression that the big problem is the interaction with nVidia, especially on Wayland. But that is just an impression of threads skimmed - as there is not much chance I will need to know…

I had it on Nvidia and i didn’t see that. :thinking:

Maybe you avoided Wayland! I do… :grin:

Yes… I don’t even like it on Gnome.

1 Like

You and me both. I kinda miss hopping though.

So you’re both on Cinnamon now? I’m thinking of doing a fresh install of something from the EOS iso tomorrow haha!

I’m only looking at Cinnamon to check out its multi-monitor/scaling capabilities (and to check out the new ISO) - XFCE still rules for me!

1 Like