KDE Plasma Install Error on Pinebook Pro

Hi,

Getting this error when trying to install KDE Plasma on my Pinebook Pro:

"error: target not found: solid"

Here’s a link to the complete install log:
https://termbin.com/elvc

Using the latest Galileo ISO release (from a few days ago). Boot from thumb drive and run the ARM installer and install to the PBP eMMC. Then I put the eMMC back in the PBP and run the installation. Right near the end the error pops up.

I’ve read other posts about install errors and they solved their problems by unselecting the file causing the error. However, on my PBP install I’m only given the choice to install my DE of choice (Plasma) and if I want printer support. I don’t get to choose if I want to de-select solid or not.

1 Like

A little more info:

1. I first installed LXDE with no problem but I didn’t care for it. So I reinstalled the ARM image on the eMMC and that’s when I got the error at the end of the Plasma install.

2. I have Plasma installed on my desktop and the solid package is called solid5. Is is possible the ARM installer is out of date, even on the latest ISO download?

This is a result of KDE putting the suffix 5 after a majority of the KDE / QT packages. So in this case
solid is now in Archlinux ARM packages as solid5. This broke all the installs.

After the suffix 5 situation, an extensive overhaul of Calamares was necessary for the Galileo edition.
Change to KDE Plasma from xfce4, etc.

The new ARM Galileo is completed. RPi-4b, Odroid N2, and Radxa ROCK 5B are all working.
Thus far, this is only for the ddimg images. The rootfs images are working and the finishing touches are being made to the rootfs installer that is run in the x86_64 liveISO welcome menu.This will be completed soon.

However, the PineBook Pro platform is not completed yet. I don’t have a PineBook Pro so there is no way the images can be tested. However, Thursday (two days from now) I should receive my PineBook Pro and will hopefully get the PineBook Pro images completed soon.

On that subject, I will be looking for PineBook Pro volunteers to help with testing. If interested, let me know.

Pudge

6 Likes

Thanks for the explanation - what you so eloquently explained is the possibility I thought may have been causing this problem. My Pinebook Pro is not my daily driver, so I’d love to help with testing.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.