Just discovered Salient oS

eac155ae6499fcf3b477faed4736e347

Gaming on linux is the best, and getting better by the day. MS who?

4 Likes

MS who???
:rofl:

2 Likes

Oh ya … the Windows people! Always broken. Sometimes fogged up. Or cracked!

I tried Salient OS a couple of weeks ago. I found it to be a capable distro. I had no problems with it. Yet it wasn’t anything special. I think I am biased for EOS

Make a list of the programs you want to be installed ( sudo pacman -S < yourlist.txt and it will install the list but this is not for the AUR.
sudo yay -S - < pkglist.txt

I am aware that it is possible to do things post-install, but you do realize it’s very different from doing things pre-install in offline installer (for your personal paranoid reasons at least)? :slight_smile:

That was technical question

You can add the package chooser part to offline also, but it will need to fetch packages from repositories, what is not really offline, or you need to keep the packages on ISO, what would make it bigger … both things we will not use for offline install.

i do hack calamares b.t.w. and arch too :wink:

It is not really hacky… and it is created by @fernandomaroto not me … user_pkglist is simple and stable… you add a list of packages and it will get installed.

2 Likes

I know, which makes total sense on :enos: itself…it’s just…for a friend :sweat_smile:

Oh yes, that one i know and use as well - very cool functionality
But it’s not the same as Calamares UI with beefy chunky bloated iso :laughing:

I guess i’m gonna someday do that nodule for myself anyway, when there’s more time :slight_smile:

P.S. Why have you edited Greta?!
She’s less menacing in that size…:rofl:

1 Like

just … she was huge much to huge i do not want to get nightmares and many :scream: :ghost: others also :sweat_smile: :scream_cat:

3 Likes

All we know is it’s called The Stig!

3 Likes