Jonathon passed away

this is so terribly sad. Thanks @Bryanpwo for sharing this info.

I did not know this guy, but i definitely noticed what a great person he was. What a great contributor to Arch and Open Source. What an enormous knowledge he had. How helpful he was not only on this forum.
It is really a big loss and he leaves a great void.

Jonathon, you were a great man - i honor you!

14 Likes

I havenā€™t been in the community long enough to know him, but regardless, may he rest in peace. My condolences to his family and friends

10 Likes

I didnā€™t know him either, but his name was often found on the net under Linux topics. Every person who leaves is a loss ā€¦

R.I.P. Jonathon

10 Likes

Sad news!

7 Likes

This is indeed shocking news and my heart goes out to his family and friends. Like so many here, I didnā€™t really know him, but know his contributions to this and other communities. A bright star, indeed, and perhaps thereā€™s somehow the community might commemorate his memory.

11 Likes

Thanks for letting us know Bryan.

Perhaps it would be nice for Jonathon family to know how much we all love and respected him. I met Jonathon when he was part of Manjaro. In fact I thought he was a manager or some kind of consultant because he always came across so professional and friendly. I often made a point to read his posts (actual test and drive him crazy with questions). Sometimes he just felt like that friend you wanted to share adventures\misadventures with. I still smile that every so often when I would talk about a Manjaro issue here ā€¦ he would remind me ā€œbut why wait for a fix when you can have it nowā€. Which started me finally transitioning back to Antegos\Endeavour.

Jono I will surely miss you. A great example of a man of quality and integrity. Your work was truly a shining example to us all.

20 Likes

Very sad to learn of this news. Condolences to his family and larger community on this loss.

9 Likes

I think Jonathon chose wisely. He will be missed.

Pudge

14 Likes

Jonathon helped me a lot both when I was a beginner to Linux and also when I was tackling more complex things while working on EndeavourOS arm.

Sad to hear one of the pillars of the community pass away.

RIP

12 Likes

My condolences to his family and friends :crying_cat_face:

7 Likes

Ohā€¦ Iā€™m shocked. I knew him back in its Manjaro days, a long time ago.

A great lost for Archlinux world.

12 Likes

My condolences to his family and friends.

"When the sun goes down,
The stars of memory shine. "

RIP

11 Likes

Very sad to hear. I wish all the best for his family and love onesā€¦ :frowning_face:

11 Likes

Very sad!

Heā€™s among the very first to answer me when I first entered this forum.

Love, happiness, and strength to the ones surviving him in this world!

12 Likes

This is really sad news. Jonathon helped me a couple of times. Always friendly and unpretentious. We should never forget the impact Jonathon made on all the Arch communities around the world.

13 Likes

Thatā€™s an incredibly sad news. Rest in peace Jonathon.

12 Likes

Rest in peace, Jonathon

11 Likes

One of the best ever. I am shocked.

Rest in peace, Jonathan

10 Likes

Dudeā€¦no way.
I am terribly sorry for the news.
:frowning:

10 Likes

To this day, his ā€œComputer doesnā€™t bootā€ FAQ on the Garuda Linux forum remains one of the most frequently linked documents on the whole site. Countless folks who did not even know him have been touched by his extensive knowledge and his unrelenting helpfulness, in this and many other forums, and with the hundreds of packages he maintained, repos he cared for, and projects he contributed to. He was a friend and mentor to many. The community has truly lost a pillar.

Rest in peace @jonathon.

12 Likes