Issues by Saving Libre Office Files

Hello,

maybe can me anyone from the English or other Speaking Peoples help.

I cannot save Calc in LibreOffice, for example, because the backup copy supposedly cannot be saved.
Screenshot_20231222_190812

It is on an SMB share.

I suspect there might be something wrong with the mount settings, as local files work. A newly created test file also works on the share for a time. If you copy the affected file from the share locally and save it, it works. If it is then moved back to the share, it does not work again.

Interestingly, it works under Ubuntu Cinnamon 23.10 with the same share settings.

Maybe something is missing under EOS, e.g. some package or something, which may already be pre-installed on Ubuntu Cinnamon/23.10.

What should I have for SMB/LibreOffice/systemd/automount and possibly other related packages?

This was the basis: Permanent mount of external or internal storage options - #2 by root

Why do the rights actually have to be changed? file and dir mode 0777 and not leave the default? I think that is 0755 for dir and 0644 for file?

NFS working. Unfortunately, NFS was not a practical solution because it does not offer a recycle bin like SMB. At least not on the file storage/server where they are located.

Thank you very much!

Best regards

Revan335

The Mount files:

[Unit]
Description=NAS SMB Share Name share

[Mount]
What=//Raster/Share_Name
Where=/data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name
Type=cifs
Options=credentials=/pfadzurcredentialsdatei,_netdev,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000
TimeoutSec=30

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

[Unit]
Description=Automount NAS SMB Share Name share

[Automount]
Where=/data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name
TimeoutIdleSec=10

[Install]
WantedBy=multi-user.target

Perhaps the server doesn’t support the CIFS Unix extensions?

In this case, you can set permissions explicitly using the file_mode and dir_mode options

Notes unrelated to your problem:

• You don’t need to create manual mount units. You can do all those things more simply in /etc/fstab which is the recommended method for managing mounts under systemd.
  • I would recommend setting the character set and cifs version explicitly. By adding this to the options: iocharset=utf8,vers=2.0

OK, what was the recommended fstab Entrys for that? This?

//Raster/Share_Name /data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name cifs credentials=/pfadzurcredentialsdatei,noauto,users,x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,x-systemd.requires=network-online.target,forceuid,uid=1000 0 0

Or simply transfered this:

//Raster/Share_Name /data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name cifs credentials=/pfadzurcredentialsdatei,_netdev,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000 0 0

Maybe, he is Unraid and Slackware as his OS. But Ubuntu is working with the same mount settings. In the Past under Manjaro its working too.

@dalto Can you say what the recommended Entrys for fstab and CIFS?

//Raster/Share_Name /data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name cifs credentials=/pfadzurcredentialsdatei,_netdev,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,iocharset=utf8,vers=2.0 0 0

Thats are not working. mount error(95): Operation not supported

There is no right way but using the information from above would be something like this:

//Raster/Share_Name /data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name cifs x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,x-systemd.device-timeout=30,rw,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,credentials=/pfadzurcredentialsdatei,_netdev,iocharset=utf8,vers=2.0 0 0

Thanks!

OK, with this are working the mount:

//Raster/Share_Name /data/PfadzumShare/Share_Name cifs x-systemd.automount,x-systemd.idle-timeout=60,x-systemd.device-timeout=30,rw,forceuid,uid=1000,forcegid,gid=1000,credentials=/pfadzurcredentialsdatei,_netdev,iocharset=utf8,vers=3.0 0 0

But the Error from Libre Office are not resolved.
Screenshot_20231222_190812

Yeah, converting it to fstab won’t solve your problem. That is why I listed it under “Notes unrelated to your problem”

Are you sure that the problem is permissions? Can other programs save and read files from that share?

No, i’m not sure. I can see only than he is working under Ubuntu with the same Share. Than i search/see the Problem with something on EndeavourOS or Libre Office on this Machine.
Yes, i can create a PDF from the Libre Office Calc File for example. With the Export Option in Libre Office Calc.
I can create and edit txt files. With Kate for example.
I can create Files and Folders. With Dolphin. Moving Files/Folder too.
I can create a xlsx from the ods File. He have the same issue.
I can create new odt file and by save them (the first save is working), i became the Error Message.

When i disable the “Sicherungskopie” Option in Libre Office.

The Saving from the Files are working.

But what its the Problem that have the “Sicherungskopie” than he can not created?

So it is specific to LibreOffice?

I wonder if it because you are timing out the mount after 10 seconds?

Also, did you remove your mount units and run systemctl daemon-reload to ensure you aren’t still using the mount units?

Yes. Issues by Saving Libre Office Files - #10 by Revan335 With this is the issue “solved”.

Yes, the Unit are no longer in that Path and disabled.
I’m reload the daemon. After i change the fstab with a other Mountpoint. I set there the timeout on fstab to x100. He is yet 600 and 300. The Same Issue when “Sicherungskopie” active.