Intel Corporation Wireless-AC 9560 [Jefferson Peak] unstable

Hi!

Disconnects all the time. Same with Debian testing. It’s rock stable in Windows. I guess I have to get a wire up from below. Old house, but wired is best! Got a powerline now, but it’s terrible slow.

sudo nano /etc/modprobe.d/iwlwifi.conf
and add:

options iwlwifi 11n_disable=1 swcrypto=1

may help

2 Likes

Thank you! That works! :slight_smile: :heart:

1 Like

you are welcome !

1 Like

Thank you joekamprad :slight_smile: :heart:

12 posts were split to a new topic: Bug inside Forum (discourse) norway flag missing

I’m having issues with disconnects as well, intel wireless AC-9260. Will try this and see if it solves it

1 Like

Sorry, didn’t update. It didn’t work after all. Saw 5.5 was in Arch’s testing repos. Enabled the testing repo in /etc/pacman.conf, and installed it, and now is seems stable. :slight_smile: Finally I can ditch Windows 10!

2 Likes

I hope so… the initial fix works but of course kills your wireless speed

1 Like

It’s stable, but “slow”. Paying for 300/300 but getting ~100/100 Mb/s.

Could it be possible that the cables of the router are not fast enough?
Do you get faster speed with other systems?

Getting full speed in Windows 10.

OK, then the wifi driver may be sub-optimal. Or some setting might cause the issue.

UPDATE UPDATE :wink: It was connected to the 2.4Ghz network which is slower. I guess the 5Ghz isn’t as stable as I thought then, as it disconnected that, and connected to 2.4Ghz. Yesterday I had to retype the pw after reconnecting to the 5Ghz network. Getting full speed on the 5Ghz network.

2 Likes

Great!
And goodbye Windows (I guess…) :wink:

1 Like

Hehe :wink: Had the channel bandwith for 2.4Ghz at 20Mhz. Changed to 40Mhz, and now I get 170-200Mb/s. 2.4Ghz is stable, so I think I will downgrade the speed from the ISP to 150/150 for the time being. :slight_smile:

Will tweak the 5Ghz settings on the router to see if it can run stable.

BTW if your machine is relatively new, it may be wise to still keep Windows for BIOS/firmware updates for a while…
Unless your machine is supported by some Linux firmware updater, e.g. fwupd.

1 Like

Got the 5.5 kernel. Looking good so far, decent speed and stability

2 Likes

Rock stable with 5.5.2, and still with 5.5.3. And I get 100% bandwidth (300/300).

@manuel, no problem updating the BIOS from a fat32 formatted stick, so I see no use for Windows.

2 Likes