Installer speaks about esp tag, which is not available

Hi there :slight_smile:

On creating an installation scheme, that is without esp flag on a fat 32 with boot/efi mount, I see an info box, that shows me that this will not boot on UEFI systems.

Going back, the installer offers no esp flag.

Although, I see a “boot” flag, which is what you mean, I guess.

So I suggest adjusting this box, which is likely originally created by another distribution and their implementation potentially uses esp as tag, I dont know. :slight_smile: shrug

The only time I saw that little box, the installer was not in UEFI mode - because the computer was not in UEFI mode. Ensure your BIOS has a few important settings right - Secure boot off, CSM (Compatability mode) off, and UEFI on - the details differ from system to system, but that’s the idea! If you continue as is, it will try to setup grub to do an MBR boot -which is NOT usually what’s wanted!

If the installer is in UEFI mode, you can assign a mount point of /boot/efi to the FAT partition for booting from.

1 Like

Thanks a lot

If you read again what I write, you see that I report the text in the info box, which does not say the same thing as the partitioning tool in Calamares.

I do not seek for help, I report a bug. :slight_smile:

This is not a bug, but the way Calamares handles this, you can read about it on our wiki:

1 Like

esp and boot flags are merged to one flag called boot. May the message is still not changed upstream because some distro is still using older version of related software :wink:

1 Like

Yeah, while I guess it is possible to patch our version, so it is consistent?

next release will be fixed then…

2 Likes

Thanks a lot ^-^

1 Like