Installation Roadblock and Uncertainties

I’m working on new images and fixing a few issues. I’ll let you know when new images are available.

It would be great if you can send me logs somehow.
There shouldn’t be an issue with wifi as wifi firmware is available in linux firmware.
What batch of pinebookpro are you using?

i bought my PBP in August of this year. I plugged into ethernet and went ahead with the install and also had a failure about half way through.

Install Log:

https://clbin.com/siuuM

Yes, I know of this issue, I’m fixing it now. There is also a new ntp issue. I’m trying to fix. A new image might be out within the hour.

Roger that, and may I just say you are a legend good sir!

1 Like

It’s just that building images takes time, and then I’ve to burn it and test it. If it works, uploading takes 10-15 minutes.

So my turnaround time isn’t that fast

1 Like

Appreciate ya brother! No rush here, just happy to be learning and helping anyway I can.

Try now. Things should be fixed.

Just finished up dinner. Flashing a fresh image as I’m typing this, will update shortly.

Image flash script worked. Calamares installer worked and finished successfully. Rebooted and new OS install is working…

However, WI-FI is still unavailable and can only connect via Ethernet. Never had wifi issues not sure what’s going on there.

Says No network devices available. Has option for VPN connections, not sure if that works tho since I don’t have a vpn.

Wifi should work out of the box. It does on my PBP

It has for me before as well. Not sure why I’m not seeing it, sucks.

Can you try the wifi switch here?
https://wiki.pine64.org/wiki/Pinebook_Pro#Privacy_Switches

Haha the new image isn’t even booting for me and I don’t know why

The wifi device switch didn’t work. Currently googling other possible fixes.

Gotta call it a night, but I will update in the morning.

So found the issue with my install, the new kernel is even more finicky with unsupported SD cards. So using my Sandisk card worked.

But I’ve the same issue as you i.e. the wifi isn’t working

Just noticed after posting the polybar in my i3 DE says “No default interface” so it seems it’s not detecting my wifi hardware at all. :confused:

Heheh the endeavour continues :sunglasses:

Found the issue, I don’t have linux-firmware in the image :man_facepalming:

1 Like