I love EndeavourOS

Hello…

I’m almost completely new to Linux. I tried Ubuntu some years ago but couldn’t get drivers to work and gave up frustrated.
Hyped by youtubers I tried to switch again before Easter and almost gave up frustrated. PopOS, Mint, Fedora, Nobara, Manjaro,… I just had so many problems.
Getting Nvidia to work properly, WIFI connection problems, printer… I don’t want to start with that. First I couldn’t figure out how to install my Broadcom drivers correctly. Fedora and Nobara had random reconnects and I couldn’t figure out what was wrong…
My Endeavour experience:
I booted into the USB ISO, WIFI worked. Out of the box. I was speechless. NVIDIA drivers came with the installation, I just had to run the installer in Terminal. KDE doesn’t feel crowded with stuff I don’t need. No password safe nagging screen to connect to the WIFI.
It just works. I’m just happy. And as far as I have seen, the community is very nice.
So, thank you.
Thanks to Endeavour I switched from Windows 10 gaming to Linux. I don’t use my Windows installation a lot the last days and just for games that won’t run.

20 Likes

Hi @johnK

Glad to hear that you have had a positive experience with EnOS!
Wish you all the best on your Linux journey and welcome to the community!

:enos_flag: :handshake:t5:

4 Likes

Yeah, EndeavourOS is pretty good. Most people here will agree :rofl:

5 Likes

endeavouros king of all distroz
f
yeah
endeavouros

7 Likes

Hello @johnK

2 Likes

:enos: welcome to the purple linux :enos_flag:

3 Likes

You are not alone :slight_smile: welcome !

2 Likes

Welcome to :enos: !

3 Likes

Welcome :enos_flag: disrto hop :eye_in_speech_bubble:

Welcome!! :rocketa_purple: :rocketa_purple:

Welcome aboard, have fun in this great community and enjoy the freedom that EndeavorOS provides!

Years ago, ten years ago to be precise, I switched to Linux Mint after trying several distributions. (Debian, openSUSE (Suse), Fedora (Red Hat)). I only tested Ubuntu on a virtual machine. I chose Linux Mint because it also allowed the use of closed driver programs, which was not the case with Debian, which I used actively for the longest time before that.
Then around 2015 I found Manjaro, which is a beginner-friendly distribution based on Arch. First I tested it, then I started actively using it. For a long time, I would have liked to use Arch, or a distribution based purely on Arch. That’s how I found Antergos. In 2019, it was succeeded by EndeavorOS, which meets the needs of beginners, average users, and advanced users alike. I found my calculation here, perhaps the best Linux community in the world is here. I hope you’ll enjoy using EndeavorOS, the closest thing to Arch, so go on an adventure!

2 Likes

EndeavourOS just work. It’s true.

1 Like

I am just stopping distro hopping , and Eos is my home.
I can not even stay with other distro for more than 30 min ,lol . I dont know, but this distro is so good. No issues, no performance issues. Just perfect :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I also stopped jumping from distro to distro a long time ago. I have found my home here at EndeavorOS and this great community. Sometimes I’m tempted by other distributions, but I don’t actually try them anymore because I don’t have that much time for testing anymore. As many people besides me have written, EOS “just” works.

2 Likes

Yeah :slight_smile:

Only thing in which I didnt settled is hopping between xfce, kde and wm sometimes :slight_smile:

I’m the same way about desktop environments. Recently, I’ve been using KDE, but XFCE (and even Cinnamon), which I’ve used for a long time, is also “in reserve”.

2 Likes

Today I will finally decide should I stay with KDE or i3/bspwm :slight_smile: lol

Hello, welcome (>_<)

welcome to the purple space :enos:

I quite liked EOS when I discovered it about 1.5 yrs ago. I found getting shares to work difficult and once working the firewall had to be reset on each reboot - frustrating. I’ve grown accustom to Manjaros way of app management/find/discover to be quite easy…thong when they have a major update going to a new version number found back up files and rebuild again from a new ISO.

Worked well on my 2006 mac, but I think I blew away something on the hdd that stopped EOS from booting anymore so revived it back to El Capitan.

ESO has a lot of snap and speed, not bloated like Manjaro. I’m waiting for when emusk comes out before replacing Manjaro.
Once it’s out, I’ll give it a full spin using a jump/mini drive with the mac and PC plate form before committing the compute hdd to full time EOS again.

2 Likes