I installed some mesa vulkan intel driver

And I get this in KDE’s system information:

What do I do about it?

If you want to increase your chances of someone helping you.

1. provide as much info about the problem as you can
  2. do not post screenshots containing text – it makes it impossible to search and it makes it difficult to copy and look up online, thus discouraging anyone from looking it up in your place.

That message tells you to input a sysctl command to imprpve performance.

Makes sense. Why does it have “paranoid” in there lol?

@yum13241

It is much better to post the terminal output as text.

That will make it possible to quote, easier to read and accessible to search engines.

Copy-paste-highlight and press Ctrl-E to format.

Edit: I see that @Kresimir posted the same thing under point 2 in their post.

The KDE system info window doesn’t let me highlight things. Otherwise I would’ve done that.

I am talking about the terminal output if the screenshot you posted is from a terminal.

If not, a screenshot is acceptable.

Makes sense.

Is this in Lutris?

But since we need text, as explained, you should find the same message with journalctl command.
KDE system info is for a quick check. As you have seen, it does not help much on real troubleshooting. :person_shrugging:

@yum13241
When you post the output from the terminal also make sure it has code tags around what you post to make it more readable.

https://discovery.endeavouros.com/forum-log-tool-options/how-to-include-systemlogs-in-your-post/2021/03/

1 Like

I included basically everything:

Why did you upload this to mega.nz? EndeavourOS provides the tools to do this. It is available from the Welcome app or you can use the terminal with commands to achieve this. It uploads the logs and provides a link which are in a format that is much easier read better for everyone. :thinking:

The information is included in the link i provided. You have to read all of it in order to understand how to create logs and upload them. There are numerous ways to do this. I’m just pointing this out because i wish users would follow it. This is the reason they were provided and the devs have spent countless hours creating these tools for your benefit as well as everyone else. Please try to familiarize yourself with these as they are very helpful. :wink:

3 Likes

Why did you upload this to mega.nz? EndeavourOS provides the tools to do this. It is available from the Welcome app or you can use the terminal with commands to achieve this. It uploads the logs and provides a link which are in a format that is much easier read better for everyone. :thinking:

because it didn’t work.

The app didn’t give me a url, just some random HTML that I knew wouldn’t give you anything.

When I tried pastebinning it myself, pastebin said it was too big.

That’s okay … just making sure you are aware. Some users do have this problem. I’m not sure why. :thinking:

Edit: Can you try

sudo dmesg | eos-sendlog

@yum13241
Where is this error message coming from? From a game platform? Wine?

Edit: Looks like this is coming from Lutris

Try running before launching Lutris

sudo sysctl dev.i915.perf_stream_paranoid=0

Edit2: https://wiki.archlinux.org/title/intel_graphics#Enable_performance_support

I wasn’t launching Lutris. This appears in the KDE system info app and GZDoom in vulkan mode.

Is it causing you a problem? There are lots of informational messages or error messages in lots of places on Linux and in KDE.

Edit: Run it before GZdoom then.

Edit2: Arch wiki shows how to set it permanently.

Mesa me doom apocalypse…

Is it causing you a problem?

No. I just thought it had to do with Vulkan.