I did it i installed arch (with archfi script) some people are too salty out here

Great thing about their huge forum is that there is a high chance the solution is already there without asking for help. i.e. Someone has been through same problem as you might have if common hardware.

Fire the same search query across all other Arch distro forums. Incredible wealth of knowledge.

2 Likes

It’s a fantastic script, and infact my preferred installation method.

It’s not actually Arch though, but with what you’ve learned using it, you might be able to install Arch properly now?

Hopefully you can repost this soon when you actually get it done! It’s quite exciting when you do finally get it!

1 Like

I do not quite know what you mean

1 Like

It’s not. It’s 99.9% Arch, but it’s not Arch.

why it is not arch ?
it is ubuntu or debian?

Only the 100% pure get to enter Arch heaven :angel:

1 Like

why it is not 100% pure arch?

Arch is 99.9% Endeavour :wink:

4 Likes

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This was already answered:

Installing Endeavour does not fit this criteria.

2 Likes

come on guys don’t snitch on me

There’s no “snitching.” This isn’t the middle school playground. We’re just being honest with you. The title of the thread is quite misleading, because it implies you installed Arch, which you haven’t.

There’s no problem with using archfi - just, I dunno, don’t start a thread saying you installed Arch if you didn’t?? It’s like showing up to a car show, saying you built your car.

“Oh sweet car, did you go with 750 or 850cc injectors?”

“Um, well, I don’t know.”

“What do you mean you don’t know, you built your car.”

“Well, I sort of put it together. The engine was already built from the machine shop, and I gave it to the mechanic to put in. I told him I wanted these parts, so, it’s built how I wanted it.”

“Right, so you didn’t build your car, you directed a guy to put the car together (at best).”

It’s close, but you won’t win any respect at a car show. Neither will you get any showing up to the Arch show with almost Arch.

6 Likes

@niksondistrohopper

No need to feel inferior just over “How” it was installed. Your machine, your choice.

You want the feeling of accomplishment right.

1. Install Arch on real physical hardware the Arch way with encryption. So many “guides” out there do easy route of not showing encryption install.
  2. Post install configuration of hardware specific
  3. Go onto Arch forum, create new thread and post “I USE ARCH BTW” and announce your ascension
  4. Wipe and reinstall EOS
  5. “I’VE USED ARCH BTW” and feel like deity

:smiley:

2 Likes

fair enough
we may then have different opinions about it

It’s not really open to opinion, their rules are pretty clear: https://bbs.archlinux.org/misc.php?action=rules

4 Likes

I can still have my own opinion no matter what rule arch wiki does
and basically ubuntu debian arch etc is linux all together
then they can make all the rules they want on the arch wiki
but it’s fair enough as I wrote
we may have different opinions even if you think otherwise

The best installer is EndeavourOS! Period! :wink:

2 Likes

It’s not about doing a real Arch install once to “prove you did it” and then being “allowed” on the Arch forum.

Installers make decisions on what has been installed and how things have been configured. When an individual installs Arch, it is up to them to make the decisions - which means they know what is installed and how it is configured. If they have not made these decisions, they usually cannot answer basic questions when people are trying to help with troubleshooting - they don’t know where their bootloader is installed, they don’t know how xorg is configured, etc. That is frustrating to people trying to supply support.

But really, the bottom line is: they create the distro, so they get to define what it is and what it isn’t. Likewise, it is their forum, so users need to respect that and follow their rules.

4 Likes

first, i do not use arch forum
i do not need it
so I do not have to follow their rules :wink:

but we questions have always been why endeavouros are not arch
did not ask for anything else
and there we can then have different opinions
there was no being in it
peace

1 Like

This is hilarious. There’s literally nothing to have a differing opinion on. There’s nothing to think about. The parameters for what is Arch is extremely specific and clear. It either is, or isn’t. Your “opinion” can either fit the parameters for Arch - in which case you’re right; or it can be different than the parameters for Arch - in which case you’re wrong. It’s just that simple.

2 Likes

my goal has always been to try to show with my screenshots what you can do with EOS
that’s why i created profile here
do not need any forum to find out things not that I say forum is not good but I do not need it to be honest