I am definitely a fan of Firefox' new UI

Looks like Gnome! :laughing:

1 Like

Looks like G :eyes:gle!

3 Likes

It’s bloat.

1 Like

How will i survive if they remove the option of compact density? :sob:

And do we have anyone here, who likes the old style tabs like me?

I also like the new look of Firefox. I have no problem with the thickness of Firefox and want it a little bigger. Not too big then. And I don’t think it’s too big as it is.

1 Like

Windows looks like KDE. See here:

:stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

The issue isn’t so much that developers change things, it’s more that they change it for absolutely no reason. I don’t like Gnome 40, but I’ll take it or leave it; no one is paying the developers to work on it. On the other hand, Firefox developers are actually being paid to work on it, so they shouldn’t change stuff for their consumers for no reason, unless they are complaining. Alternatively, they could survey their users, and see who likes what. Either way, they are going to keep the majority of users happy. I do agree that most people just jump on the rant-train for no reason though.

Probably I am missing your point but I don’t understand the the reference to the users of a free piece of software as consumers. Nobody is actually paying for using Firefox though some might donate some money sometimes.

And at the end of the day, whatever changes for whatever reasons to whatever “product”, will leave some of its users happy and some others unhappy. I guess I will embrace it or leave it. As far as I have tested the new browser, It’s working quite well for me.

@BONK Is that a theme or an option somewhere in FF? I’m referring to the tab look.

It’s just Firefox with the arc dark theme from Firefox themes. Then set the title bar to compact.

I’ve set that. But I meant the icon-only tab, unless it’s active.

Oh you meant the tabs that I have pinned. Just right click the tab and select pin.

1 Like

Firefox developers are being paid though. I do appreciate the work they do, and always you’ll have happy and unhappy users, but if you want your product to be successful, you should ask your users, no?

I see what you mean but I fail to see how in practice that would be feasible to ask potentially millions of users about their opinion on every changes they are going to make.

1 Like

For sure! How about a look back: Mosiac and Netscape! Remember when those were advancements.

2 Likes