How to use RawInput in Wine?

Or does it just work by default? I’m particularly interested in Overwatch (installed via Lutris).
Also: Does using Libinput (libinput Accel Profile Enabled (315): 0, 1) destroy something? Sorry if this is a dumb question, I don’t really undestand, what’s going on with input :smiley:

Rather than asking a hypothetical question, why not try it and find out?

Um. Like what?

It kind of sounds like you’re asking about things you think might be related rather than the actual issue you’re having: http://mywiki.wooledge.org/XyProblem

Maybe start from the beginning?

1 Like

Ok :smiley:
Sorry for beeing unprecise.

What I want to accomplish:
Raw Mouse Input in Overwatch.
What I did to accomplish it:
Follow the wiki and add this:

/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/50-mouse-acceleration.conf

Section "InputClass"
	Identifier "My Mouse"
	Driver "libinput"
	MatchIsPointer "yes"
	Option "AccelProfile" "flat"
	Option "AccelSpeed" "0"
EndSection

Check, whether it worked:

xinput list-props 12 | fgrep 'libinput Accel'
        libinput Accel Speed (312):     0.000000
        libinput Accel Speed Default (313):     0.000000
        libinput Accel Profiles Available (314):        1, 1
        libinput Accel Profile Enabled (315):   0, 1
        libinput Accel Profile Enabled Default (316):   1, 0

So, I think, I have a flat profile. What I’m wondering: Is a “flat” profile the same as raw mouse input? Does libinput add input lag, that could be averted by not using libinput?
And: I read, that wine has problems with raw input. But: The latest wine update seems to resolve this - or doesn’t it? Do I have to set a flag of some kind to activate it? Or does it just work?

Do you notice any input lag when playing the game?

If yes, well, that answers your question… If no, that’s good, enjoy the game.

Pragmatism is the way to approach such things, in my opinion. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

I would disagree, coz this game is obviously competitive online stuff…It matters a lot.
I don’t know much about how Wine handles rawinput personally, what i do know - game should support it

Well it’s definitely possible to use rawinput

1 Like

Exactly this. Input lag can have a huge impact on gameplay, even when you don’t notice it directly.