How to see my update history?

I have not found command(s) for listing my EnOS update history. For instance, in Fedora it is ‘sudo dnf history list’ and ‘sudo dnf history info +UPDATE NUMBER FROM THE LIST’. Is there something similar in EnOS?

paclog

pacmanlogviewer

you can use the following commands to list updated/installed packages.

expac --timefmt='%Y-%m-%d %T' '%l\t%n'|sort -n

if you want to list only the last 10 packages

expac --timefmt='%Y-%m-%d %T' '%l\t%n' | sort | tail -n 10

source

You can create aliases, so you don’t have to type the whole command every time.

2 Likes

I like this one, though I do wish it didn’t show me that ca-certificates hasn’t been updated since October last year. It’s not out-of-date but it feels like it’s out-of-date because this is Arch.

I understand why though.

1 Like

Thanks for this. Very detailed.

@keybreak @Balder @pycrk Thank you very much ! I mark this question SOLVED.

3 Likes

“Thank you very much !” is not a solution. Please mark the post that solved your problem as the solution.

1 Like

@keybreak I replied the way as I did, because those referred authors all had a correct solution to the question I made, though they all offer different solutions: all these solutions provide a little bit different outcome, but they all - as far as I understand - correct ones. In my case most handy at moment is the 1st one: paclog.

3 Likes

To me that’s totally fine, we’re not competing here :laughing:

It’s just some people hate when posts with “Thanks” are marked as solution, and there’s a good reason why - if someone will search for that problem - such person will just see “Thanks” :joy:

2 Likes

@keybreak You are absolutely right ! :grinning:

Then mark this post as the solution. It was the first one offered, and the most useful, it deserves the credit.

Marking your own post as the solution is very lame, especially when it doesn’t actually solve the problem.

This command [ paclog ] meets my needs at present the best way and it is marked as ‘Solution’, though the other 2 proposed commands answer also to the question is correct, but different, way.

1 Like

I always configure these aliases in my systems

alias rip="expac --timefmt='%Y-%m-%d %T' '%l\t%n %v' | sort | tail -200 | nl" # last 200 package installed
alias big="expac -H M '%m\t%n' | sort -h | nl"              # Sort installed packages according to size in MB
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.