How to extend hdmi screen ? reoccurance

Yeah, I don’t see that on my installations either. I really don’t know what you’ve got going on there.

Pls take a look at the gui login password box… there is no “eye” button anymore ! Hence i can’t see if i type wrong or not… with eyes it is easy to notice. i use the eye button often to control my password. .ESPECIALLY when i failed to enter 1 time password.

I didn’t touch the system even! nothing. really! i swear… i don’t have time to mess with those…
Everytime i want to do some work… something occurs… oh boy!

Anyway for me to get my “eye” back ?

1 Like

:face_with_raised_eyebrow:

No idea, you need to restore sddm (login manager) somehow, seems it’s broken, just wait for somebody with more experience to come here and give quality advice.

1 Like

Oh boy… dead … i have not done my timeshift YET! and something has occured. dead dog now. lol

also
i just purposely tried my tty2 login (i JUST tried) but i can’t login
Is another password or login name for tty that different from gui login ?
I have entered my username , the one displayed on my terminal prompt
and same password for gui login. But it is not working, even now.

I don’t have the “Reveal Password” eye icon on my SDDM login screens either, but I thought that had been removed ages ago? I’ve never used it, so I’ve never really noticed if it was there or not.

1 Like

I was using it just 2 days ago :nerd_face: :grinning:

1 Like

Well, I just checked on 4 KDE Arch installations, plus an EndeavourOS installation on VM, and using the default Breeze theme in SDDM, I don’t see the “Reveal Password” icon on any of them.

Perhaps it was just recently removed via an update (the recent update to Plasma 20 was pretty big); as I said, I have never used it, so I haven’t really paid attention to its presence or lack of. But I definitely don’t have it on my systems.

1 Like

Never seen it but to be honest I’m not looking for it either. :laughing:

1 Like

Isnt that is a good function to ctrl whether password is rightly entered? why u guys dont like it? Especially for a problematic linux -msi laptop

It’s not that I don’t like it, it’s just that I never had any reason to use it or notice it.

I have never had any problems with properly entering my password.

3 Likes

ELITIST!!! :rofl:

5 Likes

Never stayed on your system for a ‘little’ too long? :rofl:

3 Likes

Even when I’m drunk, I get my password correct. :man_shrugging:

And I’m drunk a lot. :laughing:

4 Likes

Oh Boy! it looks like you are the perfect candidate to be assigned to nuclear arsenal :rocket: controller for President Trump :rocket:

1 Like

More like the worst candidate. I want to have a guy that NEVER remembers his password in control of Trumps nuclear arsenal. :sweat_smile:

1 Like