How can I replace the "Welcome to Grub!" message?

How can I replace the “Welcome to Grub!” message shown below:

Welcome%20to%20grub

with an image of my choosing?

you using grub with luks, you dont see the grub endeavouros theme after that ?

@ringo

Yes. I see the GRUB EndeavourOS theme after that, yet that is not merely irrelevant but utterly fails to answer my question. Therefore, I repeat…

How can I replace the “Welcome to Grub!” message shown below:

Welcome%20to%20grub

with an image of my choosing?

There is no beautification at this early stage. This is the way grub works, see here.

Christoph

2 Likes

How about changing the message to “Welcome to EndeavourOS beta. There is no beautification at this early stage”?

You should explain essentially “Our OS is currently under construction” so that people understand what is going on. See, well, here’s the thing: you knew “There is no beautification at this early stage” but, well, I didn’t know that. I am not clairvoyant. Nowhere on the EndeavourOS homepage is any mention made that EndeavourOS is essentially in beta.

There’s nothing wrong with being in beta. Nothing at all. But failing to prominently disclose that EndeavourOS is essentially in beta will inevitably confuse people, as it did me.

There is nothing beta here. It is not EOS sending this message, it is grub. Grub is just like that, see here e.g… So you can love it or loathe it. Your decision…

i dont use luks but if i had use luks i would use it on my /home more not :slight_smile: but beautifcation on that level, is overkill if you ask me :slight_smile: personal in such early phase luks i find it also overkill, luks should protect the personal files. if i was a thief, i format the drives completely afterall :slight_smile:

but thats a opinion… you can always look intoo grub config but is kinda on your own , if its fail on somepoint, then you have a non-booter?

Where did you get that information? The current offline installer isn’t in beta.

The upcoming net-installer will be a Beta version but it isn’t available yet and we still can’t give a definitive date when we’re going to release it. When the net-installer is released we will clearly state that it concerns a beta version.

The current release and the upcoming November release are stable versions.

2 Likes

Maybe OP got my “early stage” wrong which did not mean “EOS is in early stage” but the boot process is in early stage when grub prompt for password appears.

1 Like