Hello World

I’ve done a little digging and tried a few things…
-I tried the downgrade, followed by the update for mesa talked about here, but still have no luck. I can only get into i3 still.
-I did get lucky though and thanks to a well timed screen shot saw an error message that showed up briefly when trying to login to MATE.
error2
Based on this I tried to edit ~/.config/monitors.xml with no luck and I also tried renaming monitors-v1-backup.xml to monitors.xml, still without luck.

Anybody have any other ideas about this? Other things to check? I get still get into i3, so I don’t think all hope is lost (it is just a VM though), but I’m not sure what else I can do. Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Well, some of today’s updates (that I did while logged into i3) seem to have fixed whatever this issue is/was. In other google’ing I did I saw posts mentioning manually updating values in an xorg.conf file. I looked, but this wasn’t in the same place as the posts mentioned (it was another distro’s forum, so not a huge surprise). It all works now so I’m happy, I’ll just try not to break anything else :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I was beginning to like installing things only through pacman and yay until I found that wine installed through yay was buggy, but wine installed via pamac worked just fine. I do not know why this is so, but this made me decide to just use pamac for installs. Seems to be safer. And I had quite liked the idea of doing things via the terminal!

1 Like

I really haven’t used wine much but pamac i use and i use yay a lot. Pamac seems to do a good job but i haven’t had any problem with yay either. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

should not make a difference wine from yay or pamac or pacman , through yay also chooses the repo first then aur if nog exist

1 Like

Are you sure you installed the same version both times?

Did you install via pamc (GUI) or pacman (Konsole)?
If you installed using pamac, is it configured to make use of AUR?

That’s correct.

1 Like

Yes.

via pacman, and wine was buggy. via pamac, it was not.

pamac configured to use AUR

should not, but it did. i do not know why, but it did make a difference. only reporting my experience; i am incapable of explaining this.

1 Like

Note that yay asks for various options when installing from AUR. Maybe you selected different options with yay compared to what pamac does?

1 Like

Hello, timeshift is your friend

1 Like