Hello, fellow endeavors. Greetings from Sri Lanka

I’m an IT Admin from Sri Lanka. Have been a Linux supporter and a user since 2001. Started my journey using RedHat Linux it’s called Fedora now. Anyway this is my Linux path RHL → Cent OS → Ubuntu (pre unity) → Linux Mint → Debian → MX Linux → Arch Linux (for fun) → Endeavour OS.

I keep switching between Linux and W1nd0ws due to my profession so knows the good and bad between both worlds. But I want to make everything I use Linux.

8 Likes

Welcome aboard! :rocket:
:enos: :enos_flag:

5 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Welcome to purple side . enjoy time on Endeavouros forum

1 Like

Welcome to the community :beers:

1 Like

Welcome to EndeavourOS. A great place to enjoy an Arch-based distro with a friendly and supportive forum. I too had a journey before arriving here. I still have a few machines running other OS’s (not Windows for me) but EnOS is my daily driver on both desktop and laptop. I feel at home now, at last! :grin:

1 Like

Yeah should have gone EnOS → Arch but I wanted just dive in and learn which I did. It made it easier for me to tinker around EnOS.

1 Like

I’ve got a spare machine which is running pure Arch with an Enlightenment DE. That is fun. It is for tinkering, but also learning. I’ll probably end up breaking it through my own lack of knowledge but if I learn some thing it will be worth it. Nothing critical is stored on it, it’s just a project. :crazy_face: :grin:

I do have 2 but can’t convert my lap due to my work (too much code and stuff in there). But I’m fan of hypervisors or virtual machines. My Arch which I break almost every day run in one.

VMs are good if you have enough RAM etc. I don’t have enough to justify that, but I do have a load of old machines knocking about. Also I like to see the effect on actual hardware. I used to be a technician in the music industry where performance on hardware was critical. Using a VM or hypervisor would not have been appropriate. Old habits die hard I guess!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Hi. Welcome!

2 Likes

@s4ndm4n
Thanks for giving EndeavourOS a try. I hope you enjoy your time here.

Pudge

2 Likes

Welcome @s4ndm4n

2 Likes

Welcome aboard

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @s4ndm4n :partying_face: :tada: :balloon:

2 Likes

Welcome to EnOS’ forum @s4ndm4n !

2 Likes