Hello - again?

Hi,

after using Manjaro for a few years, the recent community rumble was the last step that made me leave. I switched to Artix, but i don’t get comfortable in the community.

As i’m basically looking for “arch with a convenient installer” EndeavourOS seems to be very much made vor me.

I’m happy to see some well-known names around here in the forums. From what i’ve read so far this seems to be a good place to hang around and have some chat.

I’m a 40 years old, long time techie with quite some linux experience.

greetings
René (aka apollo)

17 Likes

Hello and welcome

2 Likes

Welcome aboard!

2 Likes

Hallo und willkommen hier im Forum. Ich lese notgedrungen auch im Manjaro-Forum mit, weil ich noch den Manjaro-Rechner meiner Frau betreuen muss. Es wurde dort in letzer Zeit immer schlimmer. Ich möchte dort nicht tot über dem Zaun hängen. Schade um Manjaro, aber die zerlegen sich wohl gerade selbst. Setz dich hin, nimm dir nen Keks und genieße EOS :wink:

Hello and welcome to the forum. I’m reading in the Manjaro-Forum as well, because I still have to maintain my wife’s Manjaro-computer. It got worse and worse there lately. I don’t want to hang there dead over the fence. It’s a pity about Manjaro, but they are probably disassembling themselves right now. Sit down, have a cookie and enjoy EOS :wink:

6 Likes

welcome @apollo Endeavouros have all you look for … plus insane members which is a plus :rofl:

2 Likes

Die Aktion mit dem “plötzlich” neu installierten Forum hab ich als Anlass genommen, mich gleich anderweitig zu orientieren, nachdem ja nichtmal die Benutzeraccounts übernommen wurden. Auf dem Rechner meiner Frau läuft aktuell auch noch Manjaro XFCE, aber das lässt sich ja leicht durch Endeavour XFCE ersetzen. :smiley:

1 Like

Da steckt garantiert mehr dahinter … hust

PS. aber man hat es hier nicht so gern, wenn über Manjaro gesprochen wird …

1 Like

Welcome aboard @apollo., hope you enjoy the OS and the forums, and Please don’t forget the nice cold glass of milk to go with that cookie. :smiley:

2 Likes

Welcome @apollo
You will fit right in with that name Apollo :rocketa: :enos_flag:

3 Likes

Welcome to the forum!

1 Like

Jain.
Es kann gerne über Manjaro gesprochen werden, wenn es ohne Bashing abläuft.

It is OK to talk about Manjaro in this forum, but it depends on the way you do it.

4 Likes

@marteng69 Das ist kein Bashing, das ist Vergangenheitsbewältigung :wink:

This is not bashing, this is coming to terms with the past :wink:

Welcome! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Welcome / Wilkommen!

1 Like

Welcome to the community :beers:

Yo. Sup man. Nice to meet.

It’s a bit weird that we have experienced users like yourself to young blooded fresh meet(I)

Welcome! :wave:

Welcome aboard! How would you like your rum?

Viele Gruesse bro!

Yep, seems like EndeavourOS is the distro made for me… :rocket:

Thank y’all for the warm welcome. :coffee:

3 Likes