Hello - again?

Welcome to the fun :balloon: :tada: :partying_face:

Hello, @apollo and welcome! ready to launch for a pleasant arch-based journey? :laughing:

Welcome @apollo. Get ready for takeoff :rocket:

Herzlich Willkommen, René ! :slightly_smiling_face:

Oder René genießt das Chaos im Manjaro-Forum mit einer Tüte Popcorn… :wink:

1 Like

Welcome on the board! Have fun here!

1 Like

Immer, wenn ich da mal am Lesen bin, schüttel ich den Kopf über die Willkür der dortigen Mods. Sämtliche Fehler in Manjaro schieben die dreist auf die User. Leider besteht meine Frau auf ihrem Manjaro, sonst hätte ich meinen Account dort schon längst wieder gelöscht bzw. garnicht erst gemacht.

Whenever I am reading there, I shake my head over the arbitrariness of the mods there. All errors in Manjaro are blamed on the users. Unfortunately my wife insists on her Manjaro, otherwise I would have deleted my account there long ago or not made it at all.

Nee, dafür ist mir meine Zeit zu schade. Seit der Neuinstallation des Forums war ich nicht mehr dort.

Aber hier soll es nicht um Manjaro gehen. EndeavourOS funktioniert auf dem Laptop (erwartungskonform) so, wie es soll - daher ist in den nächsten Tagen mein Desktop dran mit der Umstellung. :slight_smile:

This thread is not about manjaro but my journey to the stars…with EndeavourOS. Everything working as expected on my laptop, gonna switch my main desktop machine in the next days as well.

2 Likes

You can make EnOS look green, you know. :wink:

3 Likes

My wife complained about the greenish theme of manjaro…we’ll see if the blue-ish Endeavour XFCE theme is more of her choice once i switched her laptop to Endeavour as well.

3 Likes

Indeed, it can be greener than that other distro:
Screenshot_20201012_220702

9 Likes

Isn’t green for mold? Just sayin.

1 Like

Meiner Frau kann ich reines Arch nicht zumuten. Dafür fehlt ihr auch das Interesse. Der Rechner muss einfach nur laufen. Also bleibt alles an mir hängen. Ich überlege, ihr MX Linux oder Mint zu installieren.

I cannot expect pure arch from my wife. She lacks the interest for it. The computer just has to run. So everything stays with me. I consider to install her MX Linux or Mint.

1 Like

My wife does not complain about EOS in the nearly pure arch way it is installed on her laptop. She only complains about the speed which is related to the age of the laptop. :innocent:

3 Likes

I don’t see any difference in Manjaro or “Pure Arch”…after installation and initial configuration, one only needs to update from time to time. No difference for me , it’s always trizen -Syu. :wink:

Migrated my main workstation as well, works mostly flawless. I used linux-zen on Artix (they built it themselve) which worked really fine, have some issues with the linux-zen from the arch repo (mostly module stuff) tough.
Will do some further investigation later and open a separate thread if necessary.