Hello again! Why did I ever leave?

As I sit here waiting for my live install to finish, I wonder; why did I ever leave?

The community here is the best, by far.
The distro itself is well maintained (well done devs, need another hand?).
The desktop is visually stunning.
AND IT’S PURPLE!

Having bounced around a little since I last installed, I’m reminded again just how decent this community and this distro is. Fedora, Manjaro, Gentoo, FreeBSD, Parrot, Qubes - I could go on - are all good in their own way, but they just don’t stack up.

So hello again fellow Endevorii, good to be back!

P.S: The installer looks great!

9 Likes

Hello and welcome back!

No idea, sorry :grin:

1 Like

Welcome back :hugs: :enos_flag:

1 Like

Well, for me, distrohopping and I was not so familiar with Arch(based) distros. That was like a year ago… been distrohopping for almost a year!

Same, during my distrohopping I found myself somehow more comfortable with some other Arch based distros… but… the quality, stability, reliability, user friendliness and above all the community here is amazing. I feel at home here.

Welcome back home!
You will enjoy I am sure.

Welcome back @Gr1m :enos: :enos_flag:

1 Like

Welcome back to the purple side!

1 Like

It was a… grim mistake. :drum:

5 Likes

Same, during my distrohopping I found myself somehow more comfortable with some other Arch based distros… but… the quality, stability, reliability, user friendliness and above all the community here is amazing. I feel at home here.

I couldn’t have said it better myself!
Endeavor may have a slightly higher learning curve than something like Manjaro, but the support and sense of community here is above and beyond.
Not to mention the stability and overall quality.

I should have seen that coming :smiling_face_with_tear:

3 Likes

All who leave … Always come back to the purple side! EndeavourOS is the purple side of the Arch universe. :milky_way:

Edit: I know …finding your way is an Endeavour!

1 Like

All who leave … Always come back to the purple side!

I’m starting to see a pattern :thinking: Maybe returning was always my true pur(ple)ous!

1 Like

Not really. I came from Manjaro. I didn’t feel the curve is higher. I can call it there a bit more “slippery” :rofl:
And yes here it is a wonderful community.

hello @Gr1m,

welcome back to the purple universe :enos: :enos_flag: :penguin_face: :rocketa_purple: :purple_heart:

2 Likes

This is simple logic.
I really hope to see EndeavourOS the no. 1 distro. The standard for Linux. There are many reasons for me saying this. I’m sure you all know the reasons.

It is #1 in my books. :smiling_face:

For me… it is not #1!

It is the only one :+1: on my laptop!

1 Like

Well i do have Windoze on some also. :upside_down_face:

Just curious… why!
Well… for me I do not see a reason for anybody to use that Windoze! Maybe more precisely I do not see a reason for me!
Anything I want to do is here.

This raises a question in my head, why the heck people still use Windoze! (Other than addiction I mean)

P.S. For sure you and anybody are free to use whatever OS, out of believe in freedom!

Personally I’m using windows on virtualbox just to decrypt my kindle & audible books DRM.
Kindle for PC never works perfectly on Wine.

1 Like