Happy holidays everyone!

2022 is coming to a close and I think everyone can agree that this year was a tumultuous one.
As for EndeavourOS, it was the year of Atlantis Neo, Apollo, Artemis and most recently Cassini.

Bugfixes, workarounds and server migrations

We all know that running an Arch-based system is far from boring with, every now and then, updates that can be challenging.
From Arch-keyring issues that plagued the Apollo release three weeks after its launch, to the GRUB issue in August, plaguing Artemis Neo, also three weeks after it was launched, to the forum not surviving a “regular” Discourse update due to the old server showing its age.
If that wasn’t enough, the server migrations, also in August, didn’t go as smoothly as we expected.

Fleet expansion

Not only our server was showing its age, but also the main machine that Joe was working on, to do most of the development, was literally hanging together with soldered threads. So, we replaced that one with a powerful Slimbook tower and whilst we were renewing hardware, the ARM team got a brand-new Pinebook Pro in that same period.

Talking about expansion, 2022 was also the year of the launch of our exclusive WM Worm, created by @codic12.

Challenge

When summing up our year, the word “challenge” comes back to my mind quite often and that is certainly not a bad thing. After all, it is the challenges in life that make you stronger and that certainly goes for the entire team, the project and you, our cherished community.

I think I have said it every year and I’m not ashamed of repeating myself in this. An open-source project like this evolves all around a team and its community and I have to say that you, the devs, the moderators, the translators and the entire community, have my deepest respect for being helpful, friendly, caring and foremost being grown-up in carrying EndeavourOS through its journey!!
Acting like a grown-up is certainly a rarity both on the web and in the real world and yet you all are showing it as naturally as it should come.

I wish you all warm and cosy festivities this period and I hope you will be surrounded by your loved ones. Go, enjoy and cherish your surroundings beyond your computer screen and have a drink (with or without alcohol) on us and yourself. I will certainly raise a glass for all of you these days because you truly deserve it!

CHEERS!!! :champagne:

55 Likes

Let all those challenges break with a very loud HONK-HONK!!!11111
honka_animated-128px-40

Happy holidays :upside_down_face:

14 Likes

Happy holidays!:upside_down_face:
Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:
All the best to all of you in 2023!

11 Likes

I appreciate all your work. I’ve learned a lot about Linux the last couple of years using EndeavourOS and reading the forums.

10 Likes

Seasons Greetings from Sweden! :relaxed:

May your next year be as endeavourous as this one. :wine_glass:

12 Likes

Thanks for this distro. It seems fantastic

14 Likes

Welcome at the purple tree :enos:

7 Likes

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

9 Likes

Happy holidays!:upside_down_face:
Merry Christmas :christmas_tree:
All the best to all in 2023!

12 Likes

@Bryanpwo
Thank You from all of us for the kind words. Hope everyone has a great Holiday season as we head into 2023. I look forward to what the New Year will bring. Merry Christamas to All. See you in 2023 on the Purple side with more to come. :christmas_tree:

9 Likes

Happy holidays to everyone.
And for those that do not know, today is winter solstice or shortest day of the year. Tomorrow is going to be few seconds longer for me, but the time gained depends on your geological location.

10 Likes

Happy holidays

8 Likes

:snowflake:

7 Likes

Thanks en jij ook fijne feestdagen, Bryan!!

7 Likes

Merry Xmas and a Happy 2023 to all.

8 Likes

Happy Holidays awesome group of people! :christmas_tree: :snowman:

9 Likes

Merry Christmas to you all and thank you for the best Linux distribution!

10 Likes