Greetings and Salutations!

Hello everyone! I am new to EndeavorOS, and am a semi-new linux user in general. After having used Windows for most of my life, I was finally introduced to the linux desktop about a year ago and I have not looked back since. I started out on Linux Mint, and used that for about half a year or so before moving on to other distributions.
Since then I have tried Pop!_Os, MX_Linux, Solus, and Manjaro roughly in that order. While each of these distributions are spectacular in there own way, I ended up feeling like none of them were quite what I wanted…so I figured the next best step i could take was to build my operating system up myself with only the programs that I wanted, and maybe learn a thing or two about how linux works in the process.
That is where EndeavorOs comes in. I tried Arch at first, but had some problems with the base installation…i think that i was biting off more than I could chew. So I did some research, and found this lovely distribution that does the heavy work of actually installing arch, and leaves a blank canvas for you to customize your system however you want…it seems like the perfect option! :smiley:

21 Likes

Welcome aboard! Feel free to ask any questions you may have. Nothing is too trivial. :hugs:

5 Likes

Welcome aboard! :rocket:

Hope you’ll like it in a long run, it’s great :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome @Korgi, EndeavourOS is basically Arch with easy installation and a small extra repository with some tools. So it’s really the Arch experience made easy ;-). And the community is so friendly… Nice to have you here !

4 Likes

Welcome aboard, and welcome to how Arch should be.

5 Likes

Welcome to the community :beers:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forums :wave:

2 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! ^^

2 Likes

Welcome here!

1 Like

Welcome @Korgi
You have made the right progression and the right choice. The route you have taken is a great learning tool and it will serve you well. It also gives you a broad sense of some of the differences in each distro and how they work. Although there are many more distro’s you will find this is where you want to be. Nice to have you aboard.

6 Likes

Welcome! Glad to have you here. :partying_face:

Feel free to ask questions if you hit any snags.

1 Like

Welcome!
Don’t be afraid to ask any questions around here :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome to (your) Endeavour.

2 Likes

Welcome! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

welcome aboard, @Korgi! here comes the fun :rocket: :ringer_planet:

1 Like

Welcome to the fun :balloon: :tada:

1 Like

@Korgi In response to your opening thread, you put it perfectly. Glad you chose to join.

3 Likes

Welcome!

2 Likes