Gparted - Libparted error

I reinstalled EOS XFce on a computer with SSD, mounted the partitions in the etc/fstab, rebooted the computer. To see if everything fits, I started Gparted and got the following message window:

I have 3 partitions on sda: EFI Boot, root and swap
What is broken here?

Purge Gparted install gnome-disk-utility :rofl:

Not a solution. Both GParted and Disk have the purpose.

I Just launched Gparted and received five of those screens. My hunch it’s something to do with today’s kernel update. I saw it once a good will back under Manjaro and then it just went away. Hopefully someone here has a solution, cause I know there is nothing wrong with my drives or partitions.

Kernel 5.8.8-zen1-1-zen

EDIT:

1 Like

I just opened Gparted and got 2 of those screens as well. Gparted should be very happy with my set up, it was installed yesterday, using Gparted as the tool to make the partitions. I would agree that it’s because of something that has changed. I’m using 5.8.8-arch1-1 kernel, are you using the same @anon14644943 ?

Going to boot live and I bet I don’t get this. Be back.

EDIT:

Booted the Live EOS and ran Gparted without any issue.

1 Like

@ramblinwreck 5.8.8-arch1-1 :thinking:

Boot into the LTS or some other kernel and see if it does it for you there.

I have no issue with gparted.

You are right, everything is fine with kernel 5.7.8 from Live.ISO. So a problem with the kernel. Can you ignore it?

Gonna install it now and try

Probably better to ask @jonathon or @dalto. I’m not running those kernels.

Edit:

[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ uname -a
Linux eos-plasma 5.8.7-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Sat, 05 Sep 2020 12:31:32 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ 

How is it possible that you can stay on an older kernel? What bothers me most about Arch is that I am always forced by updates to the latest kernel.

1 Like

This is the current kernel. Are you running Zen or some other kernel?

uname -a

no, I’m on the latest mainline kernel. Ok, then it is the 5.8.7 … I can’t look up at the moment because I’m not at this computer.

Actually it might be as I’m just updating now and i’ll reboot and try it!

maybe

You aren’t forced into any updates you don’t want. Most of the tools out there show you everything that comes across as far as updates go, but you can do whatever of them you want or none of them. There are options to ignore updates to specific programs as well, check out some topics here around that. It’s all part of having complete control of your system, you can do whatever you want and aren’t forced into anything.

1 Like

I just updated.

[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ uname -a
Linux eos-plasma 5.8.8-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed, 09 Sep 2020 18:59:45 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux
[ricklinux@eos-plasma ~]$ 

Yes… it looks like an issue with the file. I’m getting it also now since updating the kernel.

Can you do anything with it? Or better said, is it negligible if everything else is going well? All partitions are booted correctly.