Good morning from germany

Coming directly from win7 with a short-stop at manjaro 2014-2020. For some of you this sounds funny, but inside me it doesn’t feel funny. Big step for an old fart like me.

So, hello girls and boys

13 Likes

Hi welcome,

Six years on Manjaro… I call that quite some time and not short at all.

2 Likes

welcome

1 Like

I tried to appear cheerful, but the laughter stuck in my throat.

2 Likes

Perhaps it feels like a short stop to you - after enduring Win 7? :grin: Welcome to the forum - and we will try to answer any questions, and/or solve any problems you come up with…

2 Likes

ComplicatedWildKitten-small

1 Like

Welcome to the friendliest Arch ever, Banjo. Du bist am Ziel deiner Reise. :wink:

Meine Liebesaffäre mit Manjaro war auch nicht kürzer. 2013-2018. Zuviel Einmischung, schlechte Behandlung von Mate, zu viel Tüdelüt, zu viele verkackte Updates. Also ab zu Namib, dann zu Archman und jetzt als allerbestes Arch Derivat: Endeavour!

5 Likes

…was das betrifft, ich bin Pflegeleicht und Bügelfrei - xfce.

…for that matter, I’m low maintenance and non-iron - xfce.

5 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome!

1 Like

Heeey let’s rock it here now! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sweet. Makes me want to find my banjo… haven’t played it for years… :banjo:

3 Likes

Hey, you might have a hard time shaking all the hands. Saw your welcome.

A lot of people got off the bus with me. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

…yes, but this is not my revengeos, still have 4 out of 5 machines with manjaro. That will take some time.

Best of all, nobody checked for our tickets.

Oh yeah, got deleted, i forgot…

Welcome! :smiley:

1 Like

Why would you delete nobody ? :confused:

1 Like

Indeed. Luckily nobody would do that, then spawn long threads about it… in some place far far away.

Care to bet? :grin:
That’s what I initially also thought. Got rid of Manjaro a lot quicker than I first reckoned.

But for me Manjaro was only 2nd choice to start with during the demise of my beloved Antergos.

1 Like