Gnome-to-do app is renamed

The Gnome devs renamed their Gnome-to-do app to a shorter and in my humble opinion, more beautiful name:

Endeavour

In my mind, the Gnome devs were inspired by us with the renaming of their app… :heart_eyes: :crazy_face: :wink:

https://www.mail-archive.com/gnome-i18n@gnome.org/msg30190.h

6 Likes

There’s no 2 ways around it! :rofl:

honka_memes-128px-23

4 Likes

I’m happy that they are spelling it correctly: Endeavour.

This also leads me to strongly suspect that they have indeed used this distro as an inspiration for the name.

So, EndeavourOS is now basically a bootloader for the GNOME Todo program – I don’t know whether I’m happy about that or not…

5 Likes

We need to sue the pants off them :rofl:

3 Likes

I’m not sure you can trademark a word in common usage.

I remember a case where Markus Persson (creator of Minecraft) made a game called “Scrolls” and Bethesda sued him for trademark infringement (because of “The Elder Scrolls” series). They lost.

Though I find the idea of suing the pants off GNOME very appealing, let’s not be like Bethesda :rofl:

For real?
What a bunch of idiots… :man_facepalming:

For real. Just look up “Bethesda vs. Scrolls case” on your search engine of choice…

Yeah, what do you expect of morons who made Fallout 67? :rofl:

BTW, this is how Mr. Persson proposed they settle the dispute:

The only negative thing going on at this moment is the Scrolls trademark lawsuit nonsense, and I think I came up with the perfect solution:

Remember that scene in Game of Thrones where Tyrion chose a trial by battle in the Aerie? Well, let’s do that instead!

I challenge Bethesda to a game of Quake 3. Three of our best warriors against three of your best warriors. We select one level, your select the other, we randomize the order. 20 minute matches, highest total frag count per team across both levels wins.

If we win, you drop the lawsuit.

If you win, we will change the name of Scrolls to something you’re fine with.

Regardless of the outcome, we could still have a small text somewhere saying our game is not related to your game series in any way, if you wish.

What an absolute legend! :frog:

2 Likes

not that GNOME goes on us with a trademark infringement :dotted_line_face:
we would need to go to Mars after it…

3 Likes

1 aur/endeavour 41.0-1 [+0 ~0.00]
Task manager for GNOME

ROFLMAO I think they’re in kompetishun with KDE.

Well, the timeline is clear on that one: :enos: was there first.

1 Like

Endeavour file manager (gtk file-manager) as the first :slight_smile: don’t ruin the sacred timeline :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

http://www.osreviews.net/reviews/admin/endeavour

1 Like

So we might have a case by suing Apple. :wink:

2 Likes

Does that mean we have to do Gnome now? :laughing:

1 Like

2 Likes

Enough already! The gnome in the blue hat is my friend, his name’s ‘Ore’.

Say Gnome Ore

1 Like