Gnome is trying to convincing me

I was lucky, never had problems with extensions but I use very few. I think they are very simple and allow to customize gnome.

Plasma customization are plenty but there are also a lot of bugs in those. Just changing themes global or icons (anything else than breeze) gave me some odd behavior last Fall when I used KDE in my work computer, and it’s not the first time I note bugs on DE behavior.

Don’t get me wrong, I personally love plasma too (I just like trolling mildly plasma users especially @ricklinux who secretly loves gnome :wink:), I also like using gnome, but my favorite are tiling wm. But plasma has more bugs and too many options I dont really need. Like does anyone use the activities. Also discover has been buggy forever, and the renderer and multi screen handling not yet up to par with gnome. To spill the beans :beans:

At the end of the day it only matters what the user likes personally. It’s all Linux. I am grateful to have both of the DE choices and I can switch to whatever I like when I like it :wink: I think I am going to switch to doom emacs, then it doesn’t matter anymore. :rofl:

1 Like