fresh installation, you cannot go beyond the login screen

the fresh system is broken, I do not advise anyone to install this yet

initially everything was fine for these 2 weeks, yesterday after installing the updates I could no longer enter the graphical environment, I tried all the options described on the forum and decided to reinstall the system. How surprised I was that nothing works on a fresh system.
Perhaps I will return to manjaro

Welcome to the :enos: forums.

It is not a fresh system and it stopped working after the update which points towards something breaking after the system was updated.

There is a pinned post that @keybreak has linked above. To help you you could post some information about your system setup one being what DE were you using. And the output of this command inxi -Fxxc0z --no-host | eos-sendlog post the link here.

We’re too unless you did an online installation which might break the system again due to the Python 3.10 update.

I installed a fresh system yesterday and it works flawless. It is definitely hardware related issue, most likely proprietary Nvidia driver or optimus. Would be good to post your hardware info and let us know if you have optimus. Seems that this is fixable.

I did the online installation… And also update an other system and both work but I have Intel graphics drivers.

Edit: I also like to mention that a breakage happened to me on Manjaro and following their forum last year it happened quite a few times there too, Nvidia is just a mess. But since you didn’t give any system infos we can just guess what’s happened on your system

If it doesn’t work for you it doesn’t mean it’s the same for everyone, see my post above… :innocent:

I updated my Nvidia last night and had no issues on Xfce but it’s a desktop card not hybrid graphics. Others have had issues even on desktops with Nvidia but i don’t know what software they are running. I have no issue on my KDE either on Ryzen which had a ton of KDE updates this morning. Rolling…!!!

1 Like

Probably Optimus related then. I stopped using Optimus on my hybrid card, as the Nvidia switches on when connecting external monitor via HDMI. And Optimus borked on several occasions.

On my Ryzen with Kde i don’t have anything python related either. Not sure on my Nvidia?

[ricklinux@eos-kde ~]$ pacman -Qoq /usr/lib/python3.9
error: No package owns /usr/lib/python3.9
[ricklinux@eos-kde ~]$ 

I can try on my other computer with hybrid card. Didn’t update yet. Perhaps we should split this thread to talk about Nvidia and hybrid card possible breakage. But if it’s only Optimus, this has already been covered as posted above.

1 Like