Freezing problem

the psu power wise is fine, but it’s age might be it’s down side, currently still testing another psu of the same wattage and model and so far so good, will test it for about and hour total before i decide that it is the cause ( have never gotten past 15 minutes run time)

1 Like

Scratch that, still the same problem,so i’ve changes gpu’s psu drives tested the ram, tried it with 1 stick of ram, i’m probably going to go ahead and try and issue an rma on the MB, i highly doubt it’s the cpu but who knows.

Another thought: is the mainboard correctly grounded to the case?

Please elaborate

For example, are all the screws in place that are needed to ground the mainboard to the metal of the case?

yes, though the center one is just a metal alignment pin, the rest are screwed in

1 Like

It had an Intel board and cpu before and when replaced you didn’t have amd-ucode. I wonder if something else is missing since you swapped out the board & cpu? :thinking:

like i said it still does it on live iso from different operating systems

Well … no point in trying to figure it out then. Either you have a damaged component or a defective one then since you said you had no freezing before changing the board and processor. But you did say you had other issues before? :thinking:

yes, the last mb had issues getting bootable drives to appear, most of the time if more then one drive was plugged in it wouldn’t post., i had issues with that motherboard since i had it but that was a second computer for the longest time untill i sold my main Computer (which i regret doing but you live and learn)

Well i have the MSI MPG Gaming plus and it’s been an awesome board running 3200 Mhz memory and Ryzen 3800X with an AMD RX 590, western digital black m.2 drives and western digital ssd drives. I don’t do Gnome though. I’m running Kde mostly.