Etcher not working for latest release

Yes, Ventoy is pretty much the only way I boot ISO images. When it works, it works great. It’s very nice to have multiple ISO on one thumb drive and it’s very easy to keep them up to date, by just copying the files. Also, it is very nice to be able to use the drive for other files.

I never used Etcher and never will. If an ISO does not work with Ventoy, I burn it using dd.

2 Likes

Have you tested with EndeavourOS?

Yes, that’s how I installed EndeavourOS some two months ago. I have not tested it with the latest ISO, but it should work, I assume.

EndeavourOS is listed on the Ventoy website as tested:

3 Likes

Thanks! Will test a little later!

Might want to search the forum next time. Plenty of post on Ventoy, including one by me that says bot the last EOS build and the current EOS build wirk with it.

Yep, but I thought the question fit in here as well. But will think about it next time!

I have just installed Ventoy on a 256 Gb USB.
I have reformatted the “images partition” from ExFat to Ext4 and copied 4 different ISO inside. It works really nicely, and it’s a splendid option to have multiples images in one only USB. Thanks for the tip !

2 Likes

Then ventoy seems to be a magical software :wink:

5 Likes

Right :innocent:…Gb it is. I would prefer to find Magic but it’s just a simple error… too bad :wink:

3 Likes

Hehe, Gb or GB? :wink:

1 Like

I tried it and it didn’t work. I must have done something wrong. What is the process to put ventoy on the usb. Does it take up the whole usb size or just uses a portion or a partition and the rest is formatted to accept files?

This.

Just download the file, extract it and in the Ventoy folder there is a README file with instructions.
You just need to run sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -i /dev/sdx to install it the first time.
After you can reformat the partition on the USB, copy ISO’s, etc… instructions on the website:

2 Likes

Well i tried again and it didn’t work again. It say’s bash -i and bash -I don’t exist? What am i doing wrong?
I downloaded the file and extracted it. Then in the terminal i went to the folder it extracted and ran the command.

Edit: Do i need this extracted onto the USB drive?

I’ve moved the thread from bug report to Applications because it isn’t a bug on the general system.

3 Likes

this should be ( -g GPT )

sudo ventoy -i -g /dev/sdX
1 Like

It keeps saying i need root privileges even if i use root. I have a triple boot with Btrfs setup and one is encrypted but i’m not in the encrypted version and that should matter? The command shows different in their website and also what i have looked up so i will try this one.

Thanks.

Edit: Now it say’s command not found? I think is missing something?

This is what it shows on their website and it doesn’t work!

[ricklinux@eos-plasma ventoy-1.0.21]$ sh Ventoy2Disk.sh { -i | -I | -u } /dev/sdc
bash: -I: command not found
bash: -u: command not found
[ricklinux@eos-plasma ventoy-1.0.21]$ 

Thanks for the tip. I’m using Etcher now, and that’s not optimal.

Will try it later today.

I typically just redo my key when there is a new version. My downloads folder for everything is my torrents folder. Once I download the new version of Ventoy I extract it there, open it’s newly created folder, open terminal there and just follow the instructions I saved to my ISO folder on my downloads drive.

Download latest Ventoy

Extract it to it's own folder

Open it's folder

Open Konsole there

Enter the below command replacing X in sdX with the actual letter of your drive

sudo sh Ventoy2Disk.sh -I /dev/sdX

follow the onscreen instructions and install Ventoy to your flashdrive

Now just add the ISO's you want