EndeavourOS on a tablet

Das Geek (Ryan from Destination Linux) has installed EndeavourOS on a Surface Go tablet, in the video he also links to his community website how he did it.

9 Likes

I have an Asus Transformer Mini 102 on which I would love to have EndeavourOS but the only distro which can handle autorotation out of the box is Fedora.

I think I have try to install Endeaour as well but didnt make it through the installer.

I installed Endeavour w/gnome desktop on a transformer mini t102ha today and only needed to install iio-sensors-proxy to get rotation working. Also Firefox needs some tinkering for touchscreen scrolling but that’s the same on most distributions.

— add MOZ_USE_XINPUT2 DEFAULT=1 to `/etc/security/pam_env.conf’

Gnome is heavy for these dinky atom low memory tablets but it’s the cleanest option.

4 Likes

Holy Necro (minus the Ubuntu forum part lol)

thread_necromancer_card_3

3 Likes

Well, normally I would completely agree with you but given the subject, it isn’t a complete disaster to bring it back from the dead. :wink:

It also happened with another thread in the lounge, the " Which DE do you use?" thread.

1 Like

Its just the most powerful Necro I’ve seen in a while lol

They don’t bother me, just couldn’t help but chuckle and remember that picture

1 Like

I know, you can call it the mother of Necro on this forum. :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you, man! Last week I installed EOS on my Transformer mini as well and that worked fine.

Yes, therefore I have changed to Budgie. Budgie works rather well.

Now, there is only one device left I would love to install EOS. My smartphone. I hope some day I can use EOS with nemomobile on my phone. :heart_eyes:

I have a 2 in 1 from Lenovo, and I have the same problem using Endeavour Gnome, but I don’t find it to be too much of a hassle as a long press on the screen lets me bring up Display preferences and I can quickly change the orientation manually

I have noticed that on my tablet audio has stopped working.

Does have anyone a hint who find out whats the issue?

What kind of tablet?
What kind of sound?
Pulseaudio or Pipewire?
I have had a similar problem some weeks ago. The only way to get out of this, was to switch to pipewire completly.

=> Asus Transformer Mini 102

=> it seems like all kind of sounds

=> (interestingly) Pipewire

I have switched to pulseaudio. I did help.

I tried to turn on bluetooth. That doesnt function either.

okay - semi-good news. I have reinstalled Pipewire-Pulse. Now audio works again but very inconstant. The sound stops frequently (1-2 times a second).

Please check, if you have removed pulseaudio completly.

Did you follow everything here: https://discovery.endeavouros.com/category/bluetooth/?

Sounds weird.
Please check https://discovery.endeavouros.com/category/audio/
Maybe you find some help there.
To me your problem sounds like something is misconfigured in your sound settings.