EndeavourOS Mirror list

Updated this morning and there is am error. Not sure if it’s an issue or not?

(5/7) Hook to rank EndeavourOS mirrors after installing or upgrading the related mirrorlist package
Extracting /var/cache/pacman/pkg/endeavouros-mirrorlist-4.6-1-any.pkg.tar.zst ...
Ranking EndeavourOS mirrors, please wait ...
====> Fail: no response: mirror https://mirror.freedif.org/EndeavourOS/repo/$repo/$arch, url https://mirror.freedif.org/EndeavourOS/repo/state,
==> Creating /root/.config/curl-exit-code-to-string/curl-code-to-string-converter
====> Error code 60: 'Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.'

Writing new ranked EndeavourOS mirrorlist to /etc/pacman.d/endeavouros-mirrorlist.pacnew.
1 Like

Try to open that URL on a browser and you’ll see a warning about not secure connection.

Expired: “Não Após” means not after to that date.

I know the security certificate is expired. Just wondered if anyone else had the same issue.

Edit: Does this line mean it failed to execute downloading the package and just exited?

Creating /root/.config/curl-exit-code-to-string/curl-code-to-string-converter

Yes, same problem message here.
You can wait until them generate a new certificate with letsencrypt, then run eos-rankmirrors

3 Likes

So just run eos-rankmirrors and that will fix it?

@ricklinux I had the same issue like 30min ago.

Yes, but after they generated a new certifificate.

1 Like

I don’t even have eos-rankmirrors installed.
I just put a couple of mirrors close to my whereabouts at the top of the list and comment out the rest. Seems to have been working fine so far.

1 Like

So, nobody has tried safesync yet…

2 Likes

Looks like one of our mirrors (in Singapore) has a problem and fails to answer anything to a request.
That is a actually a warning from the curl program.

However, if that particular mirror is not the most important for you, then simply ignore the warning. The new EndeavourOS mirrorlist will be generated into a .pacnew file using the other working mirrors.
If you want to use the new mirrorlist, you can use program eos-pacdiff for merging any relevant changes to your existing endeavouros-mirrorlist.

I just wasn’t sure if it ignored that mirror and still created a new list but it looked as if it did.

I ran yay an hour ago, after updateing the mirrors as I figured the problem had been dealt with, and got no warning?

I’m far from Singapore, but slightly strange.

Same warning here
Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with known CA certificates.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.